ESE Hormone and Metabolism Foundation
The overarching aim of the European Hormone and Metabolism Foundation – Foundation of the European Society of Endocrinology (ESE Foundation) is for public benefit.
People with endocrine disorders are at the core of the ESE Foundation with the aim of promoting endocrine health, addressing endocrine disease and improving patient care.
Our Vision: Committed to hormone and metabolic health throughout life.
Our Mission: To promote public and political awareness, research, policies and care focused on hormone and metabolic health and disease, thereby ensuring optimal quality of life.
ESE Foundation Activities
The ESE Foundation partners with the European Society of Endocrinology (ESE) in areas such as:
- Raising funding and distribution of funds with a particular focus on improving research and clinical outcomes for patients across all endocrine disciplines.
- Interaction with the European Union institutions supporting the policy and advocacy needs of the endocrine community across Europe and furthering ESE’s policy and advocacy strategy.
- Raising the profile of endocrinology on a European and international basis with a focus on public engagement.
Board of Directors
The Board of Directors is made up of the Immediate Past ESE President, the Past-Past ESE President, the current ESE President, the Treasurer of ESE, a representative from the ESE Council of Affiliated Societies (ECAS) (ex-officio), ESE’s Chief Executive Officer (ex-officio) and ESE’s Director of Strategic Partnerships (ex-officio). Their term of office will be in line with their term of office of the Founder (ESE). In addition, the Board may co-opt up to two individuals for a maximum period of two years to support specific initiatives where necessary.
The current ESE Foundation Board members are:
- Immediate Past ESE President and Chair of the ESE Foundation Board of Directors: AJ van der Lely, 2021
- Past-Past ESE President: Philippe Bouchard, France, 2020-2021
- Current ESE President: Andrea Giustina, Italy, 2020-2021
- Treasurer of ESE: Djuro Macut, Serbia, 2020-2024
- ESE Council of Affiliated Societies (ECAS) representative (ex-officio): Anton Luger, Austria, 2020-2024
- Chief Executive Officer of ESE, ESE Foundation Executive Director, and Secretary of the ESE Foundation Board of Directors (ex-officio): Helen Gregson, UK
- Director of Strategic Partnerships of ESE (ex-officio): Dirk De Rijdt, Belgium
Contact the ESE Foundation
The ESE Foundation is a legal entity registered in Brussels as a private foundation (Enterprise number is 0753.997.925), with ESE as the Founder. The ESE Foundation is located at Avenue des Arts 56, 1000 Bruxelles (c/o Interoffices).
If you would like to know more about the ESE Foundation please contact Helen Gregson (ESE Foundation Executive Director). Tel No: 44 7715 656887 or by email at the ESE Office.