European Hormone Day
What is European Hormone Day?
- On 23 May 2022 the European Society of Endocrinology (ESE), together with the European Hormone and Metabolism Foundation (ESE Foundation) and partner societies, will launch the first ever dedicated awareness day for hormones - European Hormone Day.
- European Hormone Day is dedicated to raising awareness amongst European and national decision makers, as well as the public, about the significant role hormones play in health and wellbeing, and in preventing, treating and living with numerous illnesses - including some of the most prevalent diseases in the world.
Why launch a European Hormone Day and what is the focus for the first year?
- There is a lack of knowledge about the benefits of good endocrine health and its contribution to our overall wellbeing. European Hormone Day seeks to address this.
- The focus for 2022 is on the European and national decision makers, informing them about the role of hormones and the importance of improving endocrine health. The aim is that they will pay close attention to hormones when drafting policies that will (a) improve the general endocrine health of the population and (b) create ways to address the societal and health challenges caused by some of the most prevalent diseases, and also a group of more than 400 rare diseases related to the endocrine system.
When is European Hormone Day?
- The launch of European Hormone Day is on Monday 23 May 2022.
- This coincides with the European Congress of Endocrinology (ECE 2022) which is being held in Milan, Italy, from 21 to 24 May 2022.
Join the conversation on 23 May 2022 for European Hormone Day!
- At ECE 2022 throughout the day – in the European Hormone Lecture, during the ECAS symposium, in the Exhibition Hall - and raise a glass to celebrate the Day at 17.40 at the European Hormone Day stand!
- On ESE’s social channels #EuropeanHormoneDay #BecauseHormonesMatter in the run up to and during the Day.
We look forward to your engagement with the first European Hormone Day!
If you have any questions please contact us.