Abstract Submission Guidelines
To submit an abstract, you will need to create an account on the system, or log in if you have used the system before (for example, during e-ECE 2021 or ECE 2022).
When you create an account, you will then need to verify it by clicking the link contained in the “account confirmation” email which will be immediately sent to you. Emails from the system will be from firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Please click on this link within 24 hours (if link has expired, you can request a new one from the login page)
- Please check your spam folder!
If you are an ESE Member, we advise you to create your account using the email address associated with your ESE Membership. If you cannot remember this email address, please contact the ESE Membership team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You will need to use the same account to register for ECE 2023 and upload any posters or presentations if your abstracts are accepted, so please keep your log in information safe.
If you have used the system before but cannot remember your log in information, please click “Forgot Password” to reset your password. Please make sure to check your spam folder if this email does not arrive in your inbox.
If you are having issues accessing the platform, please try using a different browser. We suggest using Google Chrome (PCs) or Safari (Macs).
The abstract submission deadline is Monday 23 January 2023, 23:59 (CET).
You can save and continue your abstract submission at any time up until the submission deadline, until you click “Submit” on the final page. Your submission will automatically save, or you can click “Save as Draft” on any page to save your progress.
Once you have pressed “Submit”, you will not be able to edit any part of your submission. You will receive an email confirmation of your submission. Only submitted abstracts will be considered for acceptance at ECE 2023.
To continue a draft submission, log in and select the ‘Abstract Submission’ button. Then click “View or continue my abstracts” and then “Continue”.
Please do not duplicate submissions.
- Your abstract title and your abstract must be submitted in English.
- Your abstract may be automatically rejected if it is submitted in another language.
- Your abstract must be submitted using the template, which can be downloaded from the submission site.
- Please be aware that this template is a blank Word document so that you can format your abstract in any way you would like to.
- Your abstract must be a maximum of 400 words.
- Your abstract will not upload to the system if it is over 400 words.
- Figures should not be included in your abstract. Figures will be removed before publication, if accepted.
- References and tables can be included in your abstract, but will be included in your word count.
- You must not include your abstract title or author names in the abstract document that you upload as these will be added separately.
Please note that if your abstract document does not upload correctly, you will need to check that you are using the template and that you have not exceeded the word limit. If it still does not upload, please log out and try again later.
During the submission process, we will ask you to identify your preferred presentation type.
Please note that this is to indicate preference only. The ECE 2023 Programme Organising Committee will have the final decision on the presentation types of all abstracts.
If you select “Oral” or “Either”, your abstract will be considered for Oral Communication, Rapid Communication, physical poster or ePoster presentation.
If you select “Poster”, your abstract will be considered for Rapid Communication, physical poster or ePoster presentation only.
If you select “ePoster Only”, your abstract will be considered for ePoster presentation only.
Please note that Oral Communications, Rapid Communications and physical poster acceptance types will require you to attend ECE 2023 in person. Your abstract will be removed from official publication if a presenting author does not register for ECE 2023 to attend in-person if you are accepted for Oral Communications, Rapid Communications or physical poster.
During the submission process, we will ask you to identify the ESE Focus Area that best describes your abstract:
- Adrenal and Cardiovascular Endocrinology
- Calcium and Bone
- Diabetes, Obesity, Metabolism and Nutrition
- Endocrine-related Cancer
- Environmental Endocrinology
- Pituitary and Neuroendocrinology
- Reproductive and Developmental Endocrinology
You can find out more information regarding ESE Focus Areas here.
Please ensure that you add all the authors of your abstract onto the submission form, including yourself if you are an author. Please ensure correct spelling and affiliations are used.
Please note that we are unable to add or amend author names once abstracts have been published.
You are able to provide email addresses for all authors of your abstract, but you must provide a valid email address for your listed presenting author.
- This will be used to contact the presenter regarding uploading presentations or posters, if your submission is successful.
- If an email address is not provided, the submitter will be automatically contacted to upload presentations or posters, if your submission is successful.
Please note that by providing an email address, you are confirming that you have the author’s consent to share their contact details.
Please note: authors can be listed as the presenter on a maximum of 3 abstract submissions.
Encore abstracts are accepted at ECE congresses, as long as copyright held by another event, conference or congress is not breached.
If your abstract has been presented at another conference or event within Europe, your abstract will only be considered for a poster presentation by the Programme Organising Committee.
If you are submitting an encore abstract to ECE 2023, please ensure that you indicate this in the relevant section of the submission form.
The abstracts will be published approximately 2 weeks before the start of ECE 2023. The abstracts are therefore embargoed until the abstracts have been published.
Posters accepted for ECE 2023 are embargoed until the start of the Congress.