European Journal of Endocrinology Award
The European Journal of Endocrinology Award is presented to a candidate who has significantly contributed to the advancement of knowledge in the field of endocrinology through publication.
The award consists of a financial reward, certificate and travel expenses and will be presented during the annual European Congress of Endocrinology, where the winner will be asked to give one of the plenary lectures on the relevant research and also to write a review paper to be published in the European Journal of Endocrinology.
Closing date 28 February each year.
Nominations for the award are invited from individuals or groups. The candidate must be a member of ESE, less than 45 years of age on 1 January (of the congress year) and be permanently resident in Europe. Self-nominations will be accepted if supported by two ESE members.
Nominations should include:
- Nomination letter
- Letter of support (if self-nomination) from two ESE members.
- Curriculum vitae of the candidate including a complete bibliography
- Pdf-copies of the eight most relevant publications by the candidate
- Statement of no more than 1,000 words in English detailing the way in which the candidate’s published contributions have significantly advanced knowledge in the field of endocrinology
The documents, together with a covering letter, should be submitted by email to the ESE Office by the closing date stated.
The jury is composed of seven members and is formed each year. The ESE Publishing and Communications Committee Chair is the chairman of the jury and the Editor-in-Chief of the European Journal of Endocrinology acts as Secretary. Five members of the jury are elected at the discretion of the Editorial Board of the European Journal of Endocrinology upon the advice of the ESE Publishing and Communications Committee.
Please contact the ESE Office for further information.
Ruben Nogueiras, Spain
- Communication between the hypothalamus and peripheral organs in energy balance.
View the e-ECE 2021 Programme for more details.