Young Investigator Awards
Twelve Young Investigator Awards, worth €1000 each, are awarded to researchers who submit abstracts (basic or clinical) to the annual European Congress of Endocrinology.
Applicants must indicate on the abstract form whether they wish to be considered for an ESE Young Investigator Award.
Successful applicants must be within 10 years post-PhD or MD and a member of ESE at the time of the meeting.
The awards are based on the achieved abstract scores, as determined by the ECE abstract review committee; the final decision is made by the ECE Programme Organising Committee.
- Domenico Trico: A mixed nutrient preload attenuates glucose-induced endothelial dysfunction in individuals with abnormal glucose tolerance
- Dionysios Chartoumpekis: Transcriptomic response of mouse thyroid to iodine by upregulating Nrf2-dependent and independent pathways
- Guido Di Dalmazi: RNA-sequencing of adrenocortical tumors reveals novel pathogenetic insights
- Adriana Albani: Evidence for increased SSTR5 expression and improved pasireotide response in USP8 mutant corticotroph tumours
- Antonio C. Fuentes-Fayos: Splicing Machinery is Dysregulated in Craniopharyngiomas: A novel source of diagnostic, prognostic and therapeutic biomarkers
- Juan Manuel Jiménez Vacas: Dysregulation of splicing Factor 3b Subunit 1 (SF3B1) is associated with the pathological transformation of the liver: pharmacological inhibition with pladienolide-B as novel therapeutic tool in liver disease
- Katarzyna Paczkowska: Congenital isolated follicle-stimulating hormone deficiency due to the FSHB gene mutation in a female patient – a rare case report
- Özlem Vural: Towards the development of an in vitro 3D human thyroid model
- Elisa Lazzaroni Comparison between the Efficacy of the Anti-BAFF Monoclonal Antibody Belimumab vs Methylprednisolone in Active Moderate-Severe Graves' Orbitopathy: an Interim Analysis
- Emad Yuzbashian: Association of dietary and plasma fatty acids with adipose triglyceride lipase (ATGL) and hormone-sensitive lipase (HSL) gene expression in human adipose tissues
- Iacopo Gesmundo: Growth hormone-releasing hormone (GHRH) antagonists increase the sensitivity to radiotherapy in lung cancer cells
- Anne Jouinot: Identification of transcriptome profiles in paraffin samples using 3’ RNA-sequencing for the prognostic assessment of adrenocortical carcinoma