Young Investigator Awards
Twelve Young Investigator Awards, worth €1000 each, are awarded to researchers who submit abstracts (basic or clinical) to the annual European Congress of Endocrinology.
Applicants must indicate on the abstract form whether they wish to be considered for an ESE Young Investigator Award.
Successful applicants must be within 10 years post-PhD or MD and a member of ESE at the time of the meeting.
The awards are based on the achieved abstract scores, as determined by the ECE abstract review committee; the final decision is made by the ECE Programme Organising Committee.
- Anastasia Arvaniti: The American Lifestyle Induced Obesity Syndrome (ALIOS) diet induces an increase in intestinal permeability and exacerbates inflammation in female and male mice via the TLR4 signalling pathway
- Márcia Faria: Gβγ-mediated signaling regulates NIS abundance at the plasma membrane
- Vittoria Favero: Efficacy of the Anti-BAFF Monoclonal Antibody Belimumab vs Methylprednisolone in Active Moderate-Severe Graves' Orbitopathy: Preliminary Analysis of a Randomized Controlled Trial
- Antonio C. Fuentes-Fayos: Metformin and simvastatin in Combination: drugs repositioning to impair High-Grade Astrocytomas progression
- Julia Krupinova: Preoperative predictors and prognostic factors of recurrence of the parathyroid carcinoma - data of a multi-center study
- Georgios Markantes: Placental expression of neurokinin B and its receptor NK3R is increased in women with polycystic ovary syndrome: results of a preliminary study
- Narjes Nasiri-Ansari: Alterations in Clock genes expression in Eutopic and Ectopic Endometrial Tissue
- laudia Pivonello: Circulating myomiRNAs as biomarkers of Cushing’s syndrome
- Roby Rajan: Use of ¹¹C-methionine PET-CT scanning to guide management of acromegaly following primary therapy – a pragmatic prioritisation strategy to achieve maximal cost effectiveness
- Prudencio Sáez-Martínez: Unveiling the pathophysiological relationship between prostate cancer and obesity: miR-107 as a novel personalized diagnostic and therapeutic tool
- Valentine Suteau: Atlas of G Protein-Coupled Receptors in radioiodine-refractory thyroid cancer: novel therapeutic targets for drug repositioning?
- Frederique Van de Velde: The value of liquid and solid mixed meal tests to diagnose postprandial reactive hypoglycaemic syndrome