Cluster 1: Health
This cluster will focus on funding activities aimed at improving and protecting the health of citizens at all ages, by developing innovative solutions to prevent, diagnose, monitor, treat and cure diseases. It will also focus on mitigating health risks, protecting populations and promoting good health, as well as on making public health systems more cost-effective and sustainable.
Confirmed areas of intervention
The specific areas of intervention in Cluster 1 include:
- Health throughout the life course;
- Environmental and social health determinants;
- Non-communicable and rare diseases;
- Infectious diseases, including poverty-related and neglected diseases;
- Tools, technologies and digital solutions for health and care, including personalised medicine;
- Health care systems.