Chair: Mirjam Christ-Crain
- To develop and maintain a financially sustainable education strategy for ESE.
- To develop detailed plans for proposed activities, including budgets, programmes and venues, working with the ESE Office as required.
- To monitor progress on all activities and report back to the Executive Committee.
- To prepare a final assessment for the Executive Committee after each activity.
- To maintain the ESE Recommended Curriculum of Specialisation in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism and ensure this is kept up-to-date.
- To work in collaboration with UEMS to develop and maintain the European Board Examination in Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, nominating representatives to the question writing group, standard setting group and examination board as required.
- To maintain and deliver the ESE Postgraduate Education Programme, including physical events and online educational resources.
- To manage the ESE Clinical Update programme, collaborating with local organisers where required and ensuring this remains high quality and relevant and aligned with ESE’s strategic aims.
- To manage the ESE Small Meeting Grant programme.
- To ensure that ESE remains relevant and attractive to early-career members, via the Early-Career Members Working Group.
- To work towards the financial sustainability of the Education Committee activities.
- Mirjam Christ-Crain, Switzerland, chair (2020-2024).
- Darko Kastelan, Croatia (2017-2021).
- Anders Jørgensen, Norway (2017-2021).
- Mark Gurnell, UK (2019-2023).
- Bastiaan Havekes, Netherlands (2019-2023).
- Heide Siggelkow, Germany (2020-2024).
- Luís Cardoso, Portugal, EYES representative (2019-2023).
- Andrea Giustina, Italy, co-terminous with office (President, 2019-2021).
- Martin Reincke, Germany, co-terminous with office (President-Elect, 2019-2021).
- Felix Beuschlein, Germany, co terminous with office (Science Committee Chair, 2017-2021).
ESE Team member responsibility: Scientific Programmes Manager