Chair: Sherwin Criseno
Clinical Practice and Research
- To promote advanced endocrine nursing practice in key areas of endocrinology including nurse-led clinics, case/care management, endocrine testing, education and research.
- To play a leading role in the development of clinical guidelines, policies, protocols and procedures relating to endocrine nursing practice including nurse-led clinics, endocrine testing, patient and staff education.
- To play a leading role in developing evidenced-based competency frameworks to help endocrine nurses develop and advance their clinical practice taking into account the local and regional variations and limitations in practice in Europe.
- To raise the standard of clinical care by promoting holistic and innovative patient-centered endocrine nursing practice taking into account the regional and local variations in practice in Europe.
- To lead, coordinate and support local, European wide and international research and audit projects relating to Endocrine nursing practice.
- To actively take part in the development of ESE clinical guidelines by identifying and nominating nurse representatives (when requested)
Education and Training
- To develop education and training programmes for Endocrine Nurses including the annual ECE Nurse Programme, local/regional Endocrine Nurse meetings, online/web-based modules/programme, information leaflets, Endocrine Nurse exchange programme, mentorship and supervision.
- To play a leading role in developing and delivering the dedicated Nurse Programme at the annual ECE.
- To contribute to the development of international nurse education programmes by providing input (when requested).
- To support Endocrine nurses across Europe in developing their competencies through mentorship, supervision and sign posting.
- To act as key sources of information for Endocrine nurses across Europe regarding education and training opportunities, resources, funding opportunities as well as providing professional advice on matters relating to professional and personal development needs.
- To advocate for the interest and needs of Endocrine nurses across Europe.
- To be ambassadors for the European Society of Endocrinology and play a key role in promoting Society’s membership and encouraging Endocrine nurses to attend Society’s events.
- To establish relationships with endocrine and diabetes Nurse groups in Europe and internationally.
- To raise the profile of Endocrine nurses as vital members of the multidisciplinary team throughout Europe.
- To provide a community and forum for endocrine nurses where expertise can be shared, ideas can be explored and supported, support network can be established and mentorship/supervision can be provided.
- Sherwin Criseno, UK, chair (2019-2023).
- Maria Pedersen, Sweden (2018-2022).
- Elena Shelestova, Georgia (2018-2022).
- Eugenia Vlachou, Greece (2019-2023).
- Three new members to be confirmed.
- Martin Reincke, Germany, co-terminous with office (President, 2021-2023).
- Jérôme Bertherat, France, co-terminous with office (President-Elect, 2021-2023).
For ECE 2020 and ECE 2021:
- Jana Matusova, Czech Republic (2019-2021).
For UK Nurse Committe:
- Sofia Llahana, UK, (2019-2020), ESE Representative at the UK Society for Endocrinology Nurse Committee.
- Anne Marland, UK, (2019-2020), UK Society for Endocrinology Nurse Representative at the ESE Nurse Committee.
ESE Team Member responsibility: Scientific Programmes Manager.