Travel information & COVID-19
The TBI - Grillhof is located near the provincial capital of Innsbruck (6km) on the edge of the village of Vill. The tourist resort of Igls at the foot of the Patscherkofel is two kilometers away. The Grillhof is easily accessible by both public and private transport.
By train and public transport from Innsbruck main train station:
- by taxi (approx. €17)
- Bus line 'J' (www.vvt.at) stop at 'Sillpark' direction Patscherkofelbahn, or Olympiaexpress stop at 'Vill Dorfstraße' - from there it is approx. 10 minutes uphill to Grillhof.
By plane and public transport from Innsbruck Airport:
- by taxi (approx. €25)
- with the bus line 'F' (www.vvt.at) direction Innsbruck Baggersee (bus stop directly in front of the airport building) to the stop 'Sillpark' and there with the line "J" direction Patscherkofelbahn or Olympiaexpress to 'Vill Dorfstraße' - from there it is a 10 minute walk uphill to the Grillhof.
From the south: take the A13 until the Patsch-Igls exit, continue on the Patscher and Igler roads via Igls to Vill. After entering Vill, turn right and drive to the Grillhof educational institute. The house parking lot can be used free of charge.
From the west or the east: take the A12 to the Innsbruck-Mitte exit, at the roundabout take the exit for 'Igls-Vill' and shortly after entering Vill, turn left and drive to the Grillhof Educational Institute where you can park your car for free.
Munich Airport is approx 2.5 hours by train.
ESE is working with the venue to ensure that they are working to the highest standards of COVID-19 compliance based on the local Austrian regulations and that all necessary sanitation and hygiene precautions are made.
- Delegates are personally responsible for all mandatory COVID-19 testing requirements that they may need in order to travel to and from Austria, and/or responsible for obtaining vaccination pass/certificate.
- We recommend obtaining travel insurance for your trip.
- Please click here to keep up to date with the latest travel entry requirements for entering Austria.
ESE will not cover or be responsible or liable for any costs that may be incurred by any attendees to ESE Summer School 2022 for testing, quarantine or insurance costs.