Abstracts are printed in Endocrine Abstracts
2021 Poster Award Winners – Clinical
- Poster PEP6.8, awarded to Olulade Ayodele, US: Risk of Chronic Kidney Disease in Adult Patients With Chronic Hypoparathyroidism Treated With rhPTH(1-84) Compared With a Historical Control Cohort
- Poster PEP9.1, awarded to Elina Peltola, Finland: Long-term prognosis in patients with insulinoma
- Poster PEP8.1, awarded to Nienke Biermasz, The Netherlands: Oral Octreotide Capsules Lowered Incidence and Improved Severity of Acromegaly Symptoms Compared to Injectable Somatostatin Receptor Ligands—Results From the MPOWERED Trial
- Poster PEP11.5, awarded to Elena Kourti, France: Pre-operative hypercortisolism and post-operative adrenal insufficiency in pheochromocytomas: a single center retrospective analysis of 168 patients
2021 Poster Award Winners – Basic
- Poster PEP14.3, awarded to Salvatore Sciacchitano, Italy: Multi-omics approach to analyze the molecular pato-physiology of the Low T3 syndrome, observed in COVID-19 patients.
- Poster PEP4.4, awarded to David Carregeta, Portugal: Insulin production by human spermatozoa in response to glucose stimuli
- Poster PEP12.1, awarded to Nathalie Boulet, France: Cellularity and lipolytic function of human perirenal and subcutaneous adipose tissues in patients with pheochromocytoma
- Poster PEP15.2, awarded to Vaishnavi Venugopalan, Germany: Monocarboxylate transporter 8 deficiency leads to autophagy-induced persistent cathepsin-mediated thyroglobulin processing triggered by insufficient L-type amino acid transporter 2 functionality
2020 Poster Award Winners – Clinical
- Poster AEP1, awarded to Anna-Karin Åkerman, Sweden: Residual Corticosteroid Production in Autoimmune Addison´s Disease
- Poster AEP560, awarded to Hugh Logan Ellis, UK: Proliferation index (Ki67) is a powerful predictor of recurrence in pituitary adenoma
- Poster AEP562, awarded to Gherardo Mazziotti, Italy: Treatment of acromegalic osteopathy in the real-life clinical practice: the BAAC (bone active drugs in acromegaly) multicenter study
- Poster AEP860, awarded to Valeria Ramundo, Italy: The natural history of benign thyroid nodules: 10 years follow-up
2020 Poster Award Winners – Basic
- Poster AEP565, awarded to Roberta Armignacco, France: Hypercortisolism-related molecular signature: results from whole blood methylome analysis
- Poster AEP252, awarded to Opeolu Ojo, UK: Immunomodulatory and anti-diabetic actions of a structurally-modified analogue of esculentin-2CHa isolated from the skin secretion of the frog, Lithobates chiricahuensis (Ranidae)
- Poster AEP859, awarded to Mehdi Pedaran, Germany: Importance of maternal thyroid hormone for programming the cardiovascular system in the male offspring
- Poster AEP858, awarded to Francesca Tozzi, Italy: 3-iodothyronamine ameliorates ischemia-induced synaptic dysfunction in mouse entorhinal cortex
- Poster GP200, awarded to Maximilian Bielohuby, Germany: A liver selective knockdown of Dpp4 by therapeutic siRNA affects lipid metabolism but fails to improve glucose control in diabetic mice
- Poster GP15, awarded to John Bilezikian, Switzerland: Recombinant Human Parathyroid Hormone 1-84 for the Treatment of Adults With Chronic Hypoparathyroidism: Six-Year Safety and Efficacy Results of the RACE Study
- Poster GP62, awarded to Juan M. Castellano, Spain: Hypothalamic miR-30 Regulates Puberty Onset via Repression of the Puberty-Suppressing Factor, Mkrn3
- Poster GP119, awarded to Alexander Gorshtein, Israel: Glycemic Variability and Mortality in Patients Hospitalized to General Surgery Wards
- Poster GP213, awarded to Polina Popova, Russian Federation: The impact of the intrauterine hyperglycaemia on the expression of genes related to cardio-metabolic diseases in human umbilical vein endothelial cells: results from a randomised, controlled study of different glycaemic targets during gestational diabetes
- Poster GP215, awarded to Maria Rotkank, Russian Federation: Brain volume and variability of glycemia in patients with type 1 diabetes mellitus
- Poster GP153, awarded to Dirk Jan Stenvers, The Netherlands: Evaluation of the corticotrophin-releasing-hormone test and the high dose dexamethasone suppression test in ACTH dependent Cushing’s syndrome: a 25-year prospective cohort study
- Poster GP214, awarded to Valentine Suteau, France: Association between sleep disturbances and fear of hypoglycemia in adults with type 1 diabetes, data from VARDIA Study
- Poster GP93, awarded to Kateryna Kondratiuk, Ukraine: Proinflammatory cytokines and endotoxemia level change in patients with type 2 diabetes and nonalcoholic fatty liver disease after hepatoprotective and probiotic therapy usage
- Poster GP263, awarded to Sofie Bliddal, Denmark: Thyroid peroxidase antibody-positivity, but not isolated thyroglobulin antibody-positivity, is associated with non-thyroidal autoimmune diseases - a population study of more than 8000 Danes
- Poster GP240, awarded to Miguel Chenlo, Spain: Orthotopic PDX Mouse Model of humanprimaryUndifferentiated/Anaplastic thyroid carcinoma
- Poster GP123, awarded to Simona Frunza-Stefan, USA: A Rare Case of Type-2 Familial Partial Lipodystrophy (FLD type 2) Non-Dunnigan Type with Laminin A/C Gene (LMNA) Mutation causing Multi-Organ Failure and Diabetes Mellitus
- Poster GP18, awarded to Alberto Stefano Tresoldi, Italy: Bilateral testicular masses and adrenal insufficiency in a young adult: is congenital adrenal hyperplasia the only possible diagnosis?
- Poster GP198, awarded to Isabel Weigand, Germany: Ubiquitin specific peptidase 8 (USP8) in human corticotroph pituitary tumors- possible targets and mode of action
- Poster GP49, awarded to Marcin Chruściel, Finland: Targeted destruction of FSHR-positive cancer cells by a lytic Phor21-FSHb conjugate
- Poster GP110, awarded to Maximilian Bielohuby, Germand: Knock-down of class 2a Histone Deacetylases (HDACs) in hepatocytes of healthy mice does not affect gluconeogenesis but is associated with increased hematopoiesis
- Poster GP125, awarded to Anastasia Arvanti, UK: GPER-stimulation increases proliferation in colorectal cancer via the Hippo signalling pathway
- Poster GP1, awarded to Kerstin Bathon, Germany: PRKACA mutations in adrenal Cushing can alter substrate specificity
- Poster GP130, awarded to Sabrina Corbetta, Italy: Long non-coding RNA expression profiles in human parathyroid tumors.
- Poster GP176, awarded to Patricia Crock, Australia: Minimally Invasive Diagnosis and Direct Transnasal Surgery: a single centre series of 100 children with Cushing's Disease with long term follow-up
- Poster GP156, awarded to Yolanda Diz-Chaves, Spain: Liraglutide treatment prevented the increased expression of proinflammatory cytokines in the hippocampus of male pups in a perinatal stress model of food restriction
- Poster GP162, awarded to Sang Yong Kim, Republic of Korea: Sarcopenic Obesity and Associated Factors in Older Adults with Diabetes: The 2009-2010 Korean National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey
- Poster GP161, awarded to Sinem Kiyici, Turkey: The association between olfaction and taste functions with serum ghrelin and leptin levels in obese women
- Poster GP107, awarded to Natascha Schweighofer, Austria: Specific Oct1 gene variants are associated with changes in the risk of cardiovascular death in metformin users
- Poster GP189, awarded to Amod Godbole, Germany A new paradigm of TSH receptor signaling in the trans-Golgi network
- Poster GP93, awarded to Marissa Penna-Martinez, Germany High dose vitamin D treatment regulates the gene expression pattern in T helper cells of type 1 diabetes patients
- Poster GP31, awarded to Giovanni Lombardi, Italy Bone-specific circulating miRNA profile changes over an 8-week repeated sprint training protocol
- Poster GP70, awarded to Nojan Nejatian, Germany The association between vitamin D metabolites and the DHCR7 rs12785878 polymorphism In German T2D patients
- Poster GP60, awarded to Adriana De Sousa Lages, Portugal Endoscopic ultrasound-guided ethanol ablation therapy for pancreatic insulinoma: an unusual strategy
- Poster GP88, awarded to Eleftheria Barmpa, Greece Effects of metabolic control on bone mineral density and markers of bone remodeling in adult patients with Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus
- Poster GP41, awarded to Sonali Shah, Australia A Serum 25 Hydroxy-vitamin D Concentration in Search of a Bone Disease
- Poster GP223, awarded to Carles Zafon, Spain Macro, but not micrometastases, detected by OSNA technique are related with more aggressive papillary thyroid cancer features
- Poster GP-21-03, awarded to Cornelie Andela, The Netherlands Altered neural processing during emotional faces in remitted Cushing’s disease
- Poster GP-15-04 awarded to Yacir Benomar, France Novel human resistin antagonist (monomeric C6A mutant) reduced body weight gain and restored insulin responsiveness in mice fed high fat diet
- Poster GP-19-07 awarded to Antonia Brooke, UK Patient experience of living with acromegaly in the United Kingdom
- Poster GP-07-02 awarded to Daniela Fernandois, Chile Kisspeptin increased during reproductive aging and is regulated by sympathetic nerve system
- Poster GP-04-01 awarded to Jonathan Hazlehurst, UK Dual 5-alpha reductase inhibition causes hepatic lipid accumulation in man
- Poster GP-30-07 awarded to Johannes Hofland, UK/The Netherlands Steroid metabolome analysis reveals that prostate cancer has potent 5α-reductase, 3α- and 17β-hydroxysteroid dehydrogenase activities, but lacks 17-hydroxylase/17,20-lyase
- Poster GP-14-08 awarded to Philip C. Johnston, USA Factors associated with islet yield and insulin independence after total pancreatectomy and islet cell autotransplantation in patients with chronic pancreatitis utilizing off-site islet isolation: Cleveland Clinic experience
- Poster GP-27-06 awarded to Tim Korevaar, The Netherlands hCG levels are essential for the correct interpretation of gestational TSH levels: the clinical risk assessment of premature delivery
- Poster GP-09-07 awarded to Avigdor Learner, UK Androgen modulates expression of energy-related genes in brown adipocyte
- Poster GP-09-07 awarded to Aristides López Márquez, Spain Sox9 is expressed in thyroid follicular cells and regulates the expression of thyroid differentiation genes
- Poster GP-05-02 awarded to Johnathan W. Mueller, UK The differential impact of PAPS synthase isoforms on DHEAS may be explained by an isoform-specific interaction of SULT2A1 with PAPSS2, but not PAPSS1
- Poster GP-20-01 awarded to Silviu Sbiera, Germany Mitotane Inhibits Sterol-O-Acyltransferase Leading to Lipid-mediated Endoplasmic Reticulum Stress and Apoptosis of Adrenocortical Carcinoma Cells
- Poster GP-16-07 awarded to Hyekyoung Sung, Canada Lipocalin-2 regulates cardiomyocyte autophagy to control apoptosis and insulin sensitivity: importance in heart failure
- Poster GP-10-01 awarded to Alexia Vinel, France Roles of membrane estrogen receptor alpha in bone sparing effects of estrogens
- Poster GP-02-03 awarded to Isabel Weigand, Germany Differential expression of the PKA subunits in adrenocortical adenomas
- Poster GP-24-08 awarded to Leon Wert-Lamas, Spain Identification of a LIN28B/MIR-30a Axis controlling thyroid cell invasion invasion and proliferation
- Poster P665, Basic, awarded to Fang-Ju Wu, Taiwan Female Reproduction Category Characterization of the signaling and ovarian functions of bone morphogenetic protein 8
- Poster P516, Basic, awarded to Raul M. Luque, Spain Endocrine Tumours and Neoplasia Category The truncated somatostatin receptor sst5TMD4 stimulates the production of pro-angiogenic factors in in vitro and in vivo breast cancer models
- Poster P1081, Basic, awarded to Anita Kinne, Germany Thyroid (non-cancer) Category Involvement of Lat2 in the transport of 3,3`-T2 across the plasma membrane and first structural insights into transport mechanisms by homology model generation
- Poster P737, Basic, awarded to DÃ¡niel J. Tóth, Hungary Nuclear Receptors and Signal Transduction Category The effect of hormone-induced PtdIns(4,5)P2 depletion on endocytosis suggests the importance of local regulation of inositol lipid signalling
- Poster P720, Clinical, awarded to Bettina Winzeler, Switzerland Neuroendocrinology Category Copeptin levels measured after pituitary surgery predict later development of diabetes insipidus
- Poster P770, Clinical, awarded to Niclas Abrahamsson, Sweden Obesity Category GLP1 analogs as treatment of postprandial hypoglycemia after gastric bypass for morbid obesity
- Poster P876, Clinical, awarded to Stine Lyngvi Fougner, Norway Pituitary - Clinical Category Preoperative octreotide treatment of acromegaly - long-term results of a randomized, controlled study
- Poster P519, Clinical, awarded to Maria Laura Monzani, Italy Endocrine Tumours and Neoplasia Category BRAF V600E mutation in washing liquid of thyroid fine needle aspiration: a surprising tool in cytological benign nodules
- Poster P729, Basic, awarded to Cristina Saez Lopez Obesity Category New Insights on Molecular Mechanisms Regulateing Hepatic Sex Hormone-Binding Globulin Production. Clinical Implications in Obesity and Type 2 Diabetes
- Poster P460, Clinical, awarded to David Harris Diabetes Therapy Category Postprandial hypotension is attenuable with Acarbose treatment in older adults with Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus: a randomized controlled crossover cohort study
- Poster P681, Basic, awarded to Monica Imbernon Neuroendocrinology Category Hypothalamic Melanin-Concentrating Hormone Influences Liver and Adipose Lipid Metabolism
- Poster 402, Clinical, awarded to Pernille HÃ¸yem Diabetes Complications category Signs of Accelerated Cartoid Atherosclerosis assessed by MRI in newly diagnosed Type 2 Diabetes
- Poster P773, awarded to Cynthia Andoniadou New insights into the molecular and cellular pathogenesis of human craniopharyngioma: do pituitary stem cells underlie the origin of these tumours?
- Poster P499, awarded to Esther Donga Selective suppression of slow wave sleep does not affect insulin sensitivity in patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Poster P1755, awarded to Giulia Brigante The TRHR gene is associated to hypothalamo-pituitary sensitivity to levothyroxine in thyroidectomised patients.
- Poster P1171, awarded to Pablo Blanco Martinez de Morentin Nicotine induced negative energy balance through hypothalamic AMP-activated protein kinase.
- Poster P704 (Basic) awarded to I. Botusan (Sweden) for Beta estrogen receptors inhibition improves wound healing in diabetes.
- Poster P323 (Basic) awarded to M. Luconi (Italy) for Functional differences between visceral and subcutaneous fat pads originate in the adipose stem cell.
- Poster P192 (Clinical) awarded to C. Olarescu (Norway) for Adipocytes as a source of increased circulating levels of NAMPT/visfatin in active acromegaly.
- Poster P272 (Clinical) awarded to M. Trofimiuk (Poland) for Topoisomerase II alpha expression in human pituitary adenomas as the prognostic factor.
- Poster P688 (Basic) awarded to Viviana Bumaschny (Argentina) for Early genetic rescue or extremely obese POMC – deficient mice is critical for successful recovery of normal feeding behavior and body weight.
- Poster P401 (Basic) awarded to Paolo Chieffi (Italy) for Down-regulation of estrogen receptor-β associates with transcriptional coregulator PATZ1 delocalization in human testicular seminomas.
- Poster P306 (Clinical) awarded to Stefan Jenni (Switzerland) for Exercise-related levels of acetylcarnitine in skeletal muscle of individuals with type 1 diabetes in Eu – and hyperglycaemia assessed by 1H-MR spectroscopy.
- Poster P341 (Clinical) awarded to Tatiana Nikonova (Russia) for Role of regulatory T-cells in the development of the partial remission period of patients with type 1 diabetes.
- Poster P507 (Clinical) awarded to Mar Alvarez-Pedrerol (Spain) for The association between organochlorine compounds, iodine intake and thyroid hormones during pregnancy.
- Poster P355 (Clinical) awarded to Katerina Saltiki (Greece)for Endogenous estrogen levels are associated with endothelial function in males independently of lipid levels.
- Poster P440 (Basic) awarded to Talita Romanatto (Brazil) for TNFR-1 knockout protects against diet induced obesity.
- Poster P678 (Basic) awarded to Morgane Pertuit (France) for The MAPKinases ERK1/2 take centre stage in somatotroph physiopathology.
- Poster P656 (Basic) awarded to Dr Laure Cazabat (France) for Consequences of PRKAR1A (Carney complex gene) inactivation on cellular and subcellular PKA activity monitored by FRET-based reporters.
- Poster P269 (Basic) awarded to Dr Inka Gotthardt (Germany) for The UV absorber 4-methylbenzylidene-camphor (4-MBC) causes effects comparable to primary hypothyroidism.
- Poster P4 (Clinical) awarded to Dr Maria Cristina De Martino (Italy) for Might the response of cortisol to oral glucose tolerance test be used for the differential diagnosis of Cushing’s syndrome and pseudo-Cushing’s states?
- Poster P587 (Clinical) awarded to Dr Oliver Blankenstein (Germany) for Evaluation of Intergrated [18F]FDOPA–PET/CT for identification of focal forms of Congenital Hyperinsulinism (CHI).
- Poster P22 - Screening of 120 adipokines in subcutaneous adipose tissue of patients with growth hormone deficiency reveals changed protein levels
- Poster P137 - A Novel Role for Visfatin/Pre-B Cell Colony-enhancing Factor 1 (PBEF)/Nicotinamide Phosphoribosyltransferase (NMPRTase) in Prostate Carcinogenesis
- Poster P145 - Epidermal growth factor receptor (EGFR) as a potential new target in the treatment of patients with adrenocortical carcinoma – results of pre-clinical studies
- Poster P579 - Diagnostic accuracy of bilateral inferior petrosal sinus sampling performed following a combined stimulation with CRH and desmopressin