As a Clinician Scientist, membership of the European Society of Endocrinology (ESE) will support you and your career within endocrinology. Member benefits include: Short-Term Fellowship Grants, the opportunity to have your work recognised through various prestigious awards such as the Geoffrey Harris Award and the European Hormone Medal, the ability to access the latest scientific research, and reduced registration fees to ESE events - just to name a few!
|Career stage||Eligibility criteria||Annual fee||Annual membership (affiliated discount)||Annual membership (low income country)||Lifetime membership|
|Full||Clinically qualified and active in research||€80.00||€55.00||€55.00||€1280.00|
|Early Career||Up to 5 years qualified||€35.00||€20.00||€20.00|
|Retired||Open to clinician scientists who are retired from full time employment and all clinical practice||€35.00||€20.00||€20.00|
The concession rate is available to applicants who meet one of the following criteria:
- Low Income Country Discount: Applicants are from low or middle income countries as classified by the World Bank. Your countries income status can be checked on the World Bank website.
- Affiliated Society Discount: Applicants are a member of one of ESE’s National Affiliated Societies. You can view the list of our current Affiliated Societies here.
If you are eligible for the concession rate, please select either the Low Income Country Discount or Affiliate Society Discount when you submit your online application.
If you are based in Ukraine you will be entitled to complimentary membership for 2022. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org so our team can assist you.
- Reduced fees to our annual Congress the European Congress of Endocrinology (ECE) which is the Society's premier event attracting over 4 000 international delegates each year across the spectrum of endocrinology.
- The opportunity to attend our specialised training events to keep up to date with best practice in the field such as our Spotlight on Science webinars and Clinical Update events.
- Connect with other Early Career members at our annual EYES Meeting and at an EYES symposium session at the annual ECE Congress.
- Keep up to date with regular email alerts that share the latest endocrine news, a monthly newsletter keeping you updated about all ESE activities, and also our tri-annual member magazine: Endocrine Views.
- Online access to EYES News – the newsletter of the ESE Young Endocrinologists and Scientists (EYES) Community.
- Access the latest scientific research via our platform ESE On Demand which holds scientific lectures from the European Congress of Endocrinology, and revisit over 1250 ePosters.
- Free online access to all ESE’s official subscription journals: European Journal of Endocrinology, Journal of Endocrinology, Journal of Molecular Endocrinology, Endocrine-Related Cancer.
- A 40% discount on Open Access publishing in our Open Access journal Endocrine Connections.
Reduced rate print subscription to the European Journal of Endocrinology, Journal of Endocrinology, Journal of Molecular Endocrinology and Endocrine-Related Cancer.
- A 20% discount for members when purchasing ‘Advanced Practice in Endocrinology Nursing’ – the first ever book published in Endocrinology Nursing.
- Access to a range of grants to support you and your career such as; Small Meeting grants, Journal of Endocrinology Travel grant and ESE-Seeder-EU grant.
- Gain recognition for your work on an international level by applying for one of our many awards such as the: Geoffrey Harris Award, European Journal of Endocrinology Award, Clinical Endocrinology Trust Award, Transatlantic Alliance Award, European Hormone Medal, Jens Sandahl Christiansen Award, Young Investigator Awards and Poster Awards.
- Direct involvement and input into the development and publication of Clinical Guidelines.
You will have the opportunity to engage with ESE Focus Areas, facilitating research, collaboration and networking in specific endocrine fields.
- Connect with over 3 500 endocrinologists via our online Members' Directory.
- Have your say with voting rights and attendance at Annual General Meetings.
- The early career arm of ESE is called ‘EYES’; ESE Young Endocrinologists and Scientists, find out more about this committee and specific activities for early career members here.