As a Scientist, membership of the European Society of Endocrinology (ESE) will support you and your career within endocrinology. Member benefits include: research grants, the opportunity to have your work recognised through various prestigious awards, such as the European Journal of Endocrinology Award, the ability to access the latest scientific research, reduced registration fees to ESE events - just to name a few!
|Career stage||Eligibility criteria||Annual fee||Annual membership (affiliated discount)||Annual membership (low and middle income country)||Lifetime membership|
|Early Career||Up to 5 years qualified||€35.00||€20.00||€20.00|
|Retired||Open to clinicians who are retired from full time employment and all clinical practice||€35.00||€20.00||€20.00|
The concession rate is available to applicants for ESE membership who meet one of the following criteria:
- Low and Middle Income Countries Discount: Applicants from low or middle income countries as classified by the World Bank are eligible for the concession rate. Your country’s income status can be checked on the World Bank website. Please include this in your application form (tick the box for your country).
- Affiliated Society Discount: Applicants are a member of one of ESE’s National Affiliated Societies. You can view the list of our current Affiliated Societies here.
If you are eligible for the concession rate, please select either the Low Income Country Discount or Affiliate Society Discount when you submit your online application.
If you are based in Ukraine you will be entitled to complimentary membership for 2022. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org so our team can assist you.
- Share your research, learn from others and hear the latest developments at our annual European Congress of Endocrinology (ECE), attended by over 4000 delegates. You will benefit from a discounted member’s rate.
- Informal evening webinars like Spotlight on Science, focusing on various endocrine research topics.
- Annual in-person ESE Summer School.
- Annual EYES (ESE Young Endocrinologists and Scientists) meetings, providing an opportunity to learn from peers and experts in endocrinology.
- Annual Post Graduate Training Courses providing knowledge and experiences through a variety of lectures and workshops.
- ESE Talks...webinars, hosted by world leading experts examining the latest developments in endocrine science.
As well as reduced rate registration fees, a host of open access events are also available for members.
- Access the latest scientific research via our platform - ESE On Demand which holds scientific lectures from the European Congress of Endocrinology, and revisit over 1250 ePosters.
- Keep up to date with regular email alerts that share the latest endocrine news, a monthly newsletter keeping you updated about all ESE activities, and also our tri-annual member magazine: Endocrine Views.
- Online access to EYES News – the newsletter of the ESE Young Endocrinologists and Scientists (EYES) Community.
- Free online access to ESE’s journal: European Journal of Endocrinology and a 50% discount on article processing charges plus reduced rate print subscription.
- A 40% discount on Open Access publishing in our Open Access journal, Endocrine Connections.
- A discounted article publication charge (25%) for the journal Endocrinology, Diabetes & Metabolism Case report
- A 20% discount for members when purchasing ‘Advanced Practice in Endocrinology Nursing’ – the first ever book published in Endocrinology Nursing.
- Access to a range of grants to support you and your career such as; Small Meeting grants and ESE-Seeder-EU grant.
- Gain recognition for your work on an international level by applying for one of our many awards such as the: Geoffrey Harris Award, European Journal of Endocrinology Award, Clinical Endocrinology Trust Award, Transatlantic Alliance Award, European Hormone Medal, Jens Sandahl Christiansen Award, Young Investigator Awards and Poster Awards.
- Direct involvement and input into the development and publication of Clinical Guidelines.
You will have the opportunity to engage with ESE Focus Areas, facilitating research, collaboration and networking in specific endocrine fields.
- Connect with over 3 500 endocrinologists via our online Members' Directory.
- Have your say with voting rights and attendance at Annual General Meetings.
- The early career arm of ESE is called ‘EYES’; ESE Young Endocrinologists and Scientists, find out more about this committee and specific activities for early career members here.