Partner Guideline: International Evidence-based Guideline for the Assessment and Management of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 2023
Building on the 2018 International Evidence-Based Guideline for the Assessment and Management of Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (PCOS), this guideline updates and expands clinical questions, aiming to ensure that women with PCOS receive optimal, evidence-based care that meets their needs and improves health outcomes. The guideline and translation programme were developed with full consumer participation at all stages including priority topics and outcomes for those with PCOS.
Developed by: The Centre for Research Excellence in Women’s Health in Reproductive Life (CRE WHiRL), in partnership with the American Society of Reproductive Medicine (ASRM), the Endocrine Society, the European Society of Endocrinology (ESE), and the European Society of Human Reproduction and Embryology (ESHRE), and in collaboration with professional societies and consumer advocacy groups internationally.
European Journal of Endocrinology, Volume 189, Issue 2, August 2023, Pages G43–G64, https://doi.org/10.1093/ejendo/lvad096
A number of additional resources were also made available including:
- Video with PCOS Guideline Launch - August 2023 (see here)
- Infographic – PCOS Guideline and translation program impact (see here)
- Resources for Women with PCOS, including the PCOS Consumer Booklet, the PCOS Question Prompt List, and the webinar Let’s talk about PCOS (see here)
- Resources for Health Professionals, including five PCOS Algorithms: Screening, diagnostic assessment, risk assessment and life-stage; Prevalence, screening, diagnostic assessment and treatment of emotional wellbeing; Lifestyle; Pharmacological treatment for non-fertility indications; Assessment and treatment of infertility (see here)
- AskPCOS App (see here)
- CoMICs Episode 25: Polycystic Ovary Syndrome (see here)
- Full guideline document (see here)