EU4Health Programme is an ambitious and dedicated funding programme for 2021-2027 to ensure a high level of human health protection in all Union. EU4Health is the largest EU health programme ever in monetary terms and will provide funding to EU countries, health organisations and NGOs. EU4Health programme will be implemented in the form of grants, prizes and procurement.
Who can participate: Any legal entity established in a Member State or an overseas country and legal entities established in a third country associated with the Programme.
The main objectives of the EU4Health Programme?
- improving and fostering health in the Union to reduce the burden of communicable and non-communicable diseases, by supporting health promotion and disease prevention, by reducing health inequalities, by fostering healthy lifestyles and by promoting access to healthcare;
- protecting people in the Union from serious cross-border threats to health and strengthening the responsiveness of health systems and coordination among the Member States in order to cope with serious cross-border threats to health;
- improving the availability, accessibility and affordability of medicinal products and medical devices, and crisis-relevant products in the Union, and supporting innovation regarding such products;
- strengthening health systems by improving their resilience and resource efficiency, in particular through: (i) supporting integrated and coordinated work between Member States; (ii) promoting the implementation of best practices and promoting data sharing; (iii) reinforcing the healthcare workforce; (iv) tackling the implications of demographic challenges; and (v) advancing digital transformation.
The E4Health will further support successful initiatives like the European Reference Networks for rare diseases and continue to pursue international cooperation on global health threats and challenges.
For more information please refer to programme website.
EU4Health – first calls for proposals to beat cancer and boost crisis preparedness
The European Commission has published the first five calls for proposals under the 2021 EU4Health work programme for action grants on:
- Updating the European Cancer Information System to monitor and assess cancer screening programmes
- Inter-speciality cancer training programme
- Quality and safety of radiation technology in diagnosis and treatment of cancer
- EU Network of Youth Cancer Survivors
- Substances of human origin (SoHO) - increase resilience, ensure continuity of supply and access to safe and high quality therapies, in particular in times of crisis
Applications open on 29 July and close on 15 September. Find all calls on the EU funding and participants portal.
The 2021 EU4Health work programme focuses on crisis preparedness, disease prevention, stronger health systems and healthcare workforce and digital, with cancer as a cross-cutting priority. More calls for proposals will follow.