Innovative Health Initiative (IHI)
Innovative Health Initiative (IHI) built on the successes of the Innovative Medicines Initiative (IMI). IHI is a European public-private partnership dedicated to advancing health research and innovation. The industry members of IMI are COCIR, EFPIA (including Vaccines Europe), EuropaBio and MedTech Europe, taking IHI beyond the pharmaceutical industry and bringing on board the medical technology, biotechnology, digital health and vaccine industries. IHI will support cross-sectoral projects involving the biopharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical technology sectors, including companies active in the digital area. By adopting an integrated, cross-sector approach, IHI will be well placed to have an impact on health research and healthcare, both of which are increasingly interdisciplinary in nature. IHI will also work more on disease prevention and on better understanding of the determinants of health and priority disease areas.
IHI is publishing the draft topic texts in advance of the official call launch to give potential applicants additional time to start building a consortium and drafting a proposal.
The Innovative Health Initiative (IHI) has now launched IHI – calls 1 and 2.
IHI – call 1 is a single-stage call for proposals with the following topics:
- Topic 1: An innovative decision-support system for improved care pathways for patients with neurodegenerative diseases and comorbidities
- Topic 2: Next generation imaging and image-guided diagnosis and therapy for cancer
- Topic 3: Personalised oncology: innovative people centred, multi-modal therapies against cancer
- Topic 4: Access and integration of heterogeneous health data for improved healthcare in disease areas of high unmet public health need
Deadline for full proposals: 20 September 2022
Call web page: https://bit.ly/3njHZhf
IHI – call 2 is a two-stage call for proposals with the following topics:
- Topic 1: Cardiovascular diseases - improved prediction, prevention, diagnosis, and monitoring
- Topic 2: Setting up a harmonised methodology to promote uptake of early feasibility studies for clinical and innovation excellence in the European Union