Chair: Jérôme Bertherat
- To advance quality and equality of patient care in endocrinology across Europe (in liaison with UEMS).
- To support all healthcare professionals (clinicians, specialist nurses and allied professions) delivering patient care.
- To play a leading role in the development of guidelines for optimal management of endocrine disorders.
- To give guidance on matters in clinical endocrinology, including ethical issues and best practice.
- To support clinical research in Europe, with a special focus on supporting endocrinologists in less-advantaged countries.
- To manage ESE’s input into European databases/registries for rare endocrine disorders.
- To participate in the development and maintenance of audits of endocrine and diabetic practice in Europe.
- To support the ESE Education Committee on clinical education activities in endocrinology, as required.
- To liaise with the ESE Science Committee as necessary.
- To provide input on scientific symposia and other conference and training sessions.
- To work with the ESE media representative and ESE Secretariat to ensure adequate and appropriate representation of clinical endocrinology in the media.
- Jérôme Bertherat (France) Chair 2015 to 2019
- Claus Hojbjerg Gravholt (Denmark) 2015 to 2019
- Claudio Marcocci (Italy) 2017 to 2021
- Elisabeth Rutten (Belgium) 2017 to 2021
- Eystein Husebye (Norway) 2017 to 2021
- Miklós Tóth (Hungary) 2016 to 2020
- Anton Luger (Austria) UEMS, co-terminous with office
- AJ van der Lely (The Netherlands) President, co-terminous with office
- Andrea Giustina (Italy) President-Elect, co-terminous with office
- Olaf Dekkers (The Netherlands) 2017 to 2019
- Gesthimani Mintziori (Greece) 2016 to 2018