Chair: Robin Peeters
- To advance quality and equality of patient care in endocrinology across Europe.
- To pursue alliances with and support all healthcare professionals in endocrinology (clinicians, specialist nurses and allied professions) delivering patient care.
- To recommend new ESE Focus Area Clinical Leads and coordinate the ESE Focus Areas towards strategic clinical developments in endocrinology.
- To play a leading role in the development of both European and international guidelines for optimal management of endocrine disorders.
- To give guidance on matters in clinical endocrinology, including ethical issues, societal consequences and best practice.
- To support clinical research in Europe, with a special focus on supporting endocrinologists in less-advantaged countries.
- To manage ESE’s input into European databases/registries for rare endocrine disorders.
- To support the ESE Education Committee on clinical education activities in endocrinology, as required.
- To liaise with the ESE Science Committee as necessary.
- To provide input on scientific symposia and other conference and training sessions.
- To support the ESE Patient Organisation Network, helping to ensure ESE is actively engaged in an appropriate level of patient support activities.
- To work with the ESE media representative and ESE Office to ensure adequate and appropriate representation of clinical endocrinology in the media.
- To work towards the financial sustainability of the Clinical Committee activities.
- Robin Peeters, Netherlands, chair (2019-2023).
- Sophie Christin-Maitre, France (2019-2023).
- Manel Puig Domingo, Spain (2020-2024)
- Emese Mezosi, Hungary (2020-2024).
- Bjørn Olav Åsvold, Norway (2021-2025).
- Rachel Batterham, UK (2021-2025).
- Sherwin Criseno, UK (2019-2023) (Nurse representative, determined by Nurses).
- Eva Coopmans, Netherlands (2020-2022) (EYES Representative).
- Martin Reincke, Germany, co-terminous with office (President, 2021-2023).
- Jérôme Bertherat, France, co-terminous with office (President-Elect, 2021-2023).
- Olaf Dekkers, Netherlands (2019-2023).
ESE Team member responsibility: Scientific Programmes Manager.