Chair: A member of the Executive Committee, designated by the Executive Committee.
- To advance quality and equality of patient care in endocrinology across Europe.
- To pursue alliances with and support all healthcare professionals in endocrinology (clinicians, specialist nurses and allied professions) delivering patient care.
- To recommend new ESE Focus Area Clinical Leads and coordinate the ESE Focus Areas towards strategic clinical developments in endocrinology.
- To play a leading role in the development of both European and international guidelines for optimal management of endocrine disorders.
- To give guidance on matters in clinical endocrinology, including ethical issues, societal consequences and best practice.
- To support clinical research in Europe, with a special focus on supporting endocrinologists in less-advantaged countries.
- To manage ESE’s input into European databases/registries for rare endocrine disorders.
- To support the ESE Education Committee on clinical education activities in endocrinology, as required.
- To liaise with the ESE Science Committee as necessary.
- To provide input on scientific symposia and other conference and training sessions.
- To support the ESE Patient Organisation Network, helping to ensure ESE is actively engaged in an appropriate level of patient support activities.
- To work with the ESE media representative and ESE Office to ensure adequate and appropriate representation of clinical endocrinology in the media.
- To work towards the financial sustainability of the Clinical Committee activities.
- Robin Peeters, Netherlands, co-terminous with office (2019-2023).
- Claudio Marcocci, Italy, (2017-2021).
- Miklos Toth, Hungary, (2016-2020).
- Sophie Christin-Maitre, France, (2019-2023).
- Eystein Sverre Husebye, Norway, (2017-2021).
- Sherwin Criseno, UK, (Nurse representative, determined by Nurses).
- Eva Coopmans, Netherlands, (2020-2022) (EYES Representative).
- Andrea Giustina, Italy, co-terminous with office (President, 2019-2021).
- Martin Reincke, Germany, co-terminous with office (President-Elect, 2019-2021).
- Olaf Dekkers, Netherlands, (2019-2021).