ESE Young Endocrinologists & Scientists (EYES) Committee
Co-Chairs: Antoan Stefan Sojat and Walter Vena
- To act in collaboration with the ESE Executive Committee and foster active engagement of early career investigators (ECIs) within the ESE.
- To promote activities that engage ECIs and senior members in open dialogue and collaborative initiatives.
- To increase ECI awareness of research trends and application of new technologies within the field of endocrinology.
- To increase engagement of clinical trainees and improve training in endocrinology across Europe.
- Active involvement of EYES community in scientific and social programs at the European Congress of Endocrinology (ECE), including organising the EYES symposia session at ECE.
- To increase engagement with all ECIs within endocrinology across Europe.
- To facilitate translation of scientific findings to government.
- To raise the profiles of EYES ECIs.
- Antoan Stefan Sojat, Serbia, Co-Chair, (2022-2024).
- Walter Vena, Italy, Co-Chair, (2021-2025).
- Barbara Altieri, Germany, (2022-2026).
- Juan Manuel Jiménez-Vacas, USA, ROP Co-ordinator, (2021-2025).
- Jonathan Mertens, Belgium, EYES Secretary, (2022-2026).
- Kristina Saravinovska, Serbia, (2023-2027).
- Karin Zibar Romsic, Croatia, (2023-2027).
- Julia Beck, Switzerland, (2023-2027).
- A member of the Executive Committee to be confirmed.
NB. EYES Committee representatives in ESE Committees are:
- Barbara Altieri, Germany, Membership Committee and Rare Disease Committee.
- Juan Manuel Jiménez-Vacas, USA, Science Committee
- Antoan Sojat, Serbia , Clinical Committee.
- Walter Vena, Italy, Education Committee and EYES News Editor
ESE Team member responsibility: Victoria Withy, Head of Membership, Communications and Marketing.