Chair: Eleanor Davies
- To give guidance on matters of science including ethical issues and good practice.
- To support scientific research in endocrinology in Europe, including funding, with a special focus on supporting young endocrinologists and those from less-advantaged countries
- To recommend new ESE Focus Area Basic Leads and coordinate Focus Areas towards strategic developments in research and science in endocrinology.
- To help define the education and professional training requirements of scientists working in endocrinology, and to promote and facilitate careers in endocrine science.
- To support the ESE Education Committee on scientific education activities in endocrinology, as required.
- To present the views of endocrine scientists on professional and policy issues to the EU and other bodies.
- To provide input on scientific symposia and other conference and training sessions.
- To work with the ESE media representative and ESE Office to ensure adequate and appropriate representation of science to the public and the media.
- To work towards the financial sustainability of the Science Committee activities.
- Eleanor Davies, UK, Chair, (2023-2027).
- Chris McCabe, UK, (2021-2025).
- Manuel D. Gahete, Spain, (2022-2026)
- Danijela Vojnovic Milutinovic, Serbia, (2022-2026).
- Stavroula (Lina) Paschou, Greece, (2023-2027).
- Daniele Santi, Italy, (2023-2027).
- Juan Manuel Jiménez-Vacas, UK, (EYES Representative, 2021-2025).
- Jérôme Bertherat, France, co-terminous with office, (President, 2023-2025).
- Wiebke Arlt, UK, co-terminous with office, (President-Elect, 2023-2025).
ESE Team member responsibility: Head of Scientific Programmes.