Chair: Felix Beuschlein
- To give guidance on matters of science including ethical issues and good practice.
- To support scientific research in endocrinology in Europe, including funding, with a special focus on supporting young endocrinologists and those from less-advantaged countries
- To recommend new ESE Focus Area Basic Leads and coordinate Focus Areas towards strategic developments in research and science in endocrinology.
- To help define the education and professional training requirements of scientists working in endocrinology, and to promote and facilitate careers in endocrine science.
- To support the ESE Education Committee on scientific education activities in endocrinology, as required.
- To present the views of endocrine scientists on professional and policy issues to the EU and other bodies.
- To provide input on scientific symposia and other conference and training sessions.
- To work with the ESE media representative and ESE Office to ensure adequate and appropriate representation of science to the public and the media.
- To work towards the financial sustainability of the Science Committee activities.
- Felix Beuschlein, Germany, chair (2017-2021).
- Anna Maria Andersson, Denmark (2017-2021).
- Cynthia Andoniadou, UK (2019-2023).
- Silvia Migliaccio, Italy (2019-2023).
- Branka Sosic-Jurjevic, Serbia (2018-2022).
- Pierre Val, France (2018-2022).
- Stavroula Paschou, Greece (2020-2022) (EYES representative).
- Andrea Giustina, Italy, co-terminous with office (President, 2019-2021).
- Martin Reincke, Germany, co-terminous with office (President-elect, 2019-2021).
ESE Team member responsibility: Scientific Programmes Manager.