Over the past 4 years, the PARAT programme has completed over 15 sequential initiatives, including events, publications and medical education materials, to achieve the objective of raising awareness of alleviating the unmet educational needs of parathyroid disorders.
The programme has been organised over four sequential phases, with each phase contributing to the development of the next. Phases I-III focused on the parathyroid disorder expert clinical community defining the needs and reaching agreement, whilst phase IV focuses on disseminating those expert conclusions to broader health care communities. Within each phase, PARAT has delivered some notable highlights:
- Publication of 1st European Journal of Endocrinology invited consensus article, 2019
- 2nd Expert workshop on Parathyroid Disorders, September 2019, Santpoort, The Netherlands
- 2nd Expert workshop summary report
- Advanced faculty videos of the draft consensus scope for 3 sub-topic areas
- 3rd Expert consensus validation workshop on parathyroid disorders, via Zoom 16 February 2021
- 4th PARAT community final consensus approval seminar, via Zoom, 23 September 2021
- Launch of PARAT web hub pages
- 1st PARAT webinar 15 November 2021 and webinar recording on-demand
- Launch of Faculty videos, e-MCQs, slide decks, patient pathways
- Publication of 2nd European Journal of Endocrinology invited consensus article, 2022
View Publications and Resources
ESE and the PARAT programme have published a number of papers, reports and workshop presentation abstract books in relation to parathyroid disorders over the past few years. All the materials here have been written, contributed to or authored by various members of the European expert parathyroid community and are available to view or download for all users free of charge.
The PARAT programme recommends the following ESE and third party resources to discover further parathyroid disorder knowledge, insight and patient information. Access to some resources may not be available for free to all users.