At ESE we recognise the growing impact our activities and events have on the environment, therefore we have created an environmental policy detailing how we are decreasing our environmental impact.
We are in the process of working on a wider environmental policy across all of ESE's activities, which will be communicated in the coming months to the ESE membership.
- Offering delegates the option to participate in the Congress online via ECE@Home, which allows attendees who are unable to travel or do not wish to do so to follow the Congress programme via live stream or on demand.
- We will not be printing a preliminary programme that is usually sent to ESE members, this will instead be available on the ECE 2024 website and will be regularly updated.
- We are considering producing a condensed programme book for delegates onsite in Stockholm. The abstract /poster list is available digitally only, plus the full abstract and ePosters.
- We are reducing the amount of onsite one-off printing and delegate materials; this includes not providing delegate bags, and as per the previous year no printed flyers are permitted but are instead available via the Congress e-Bag. Any merchandise will be made of recycled materials only.
- ESE encourages train travel where possible to Stockholm and the use of public transport when attending ECE 2024. The venue is only a 10-minute train ride from Stockholm city centre.
- Providing the opportunity for delegates to offset travel to the Congress using Atmosfair*
*Atmosfair is a German non-profit organisation that actively contributes CO2 mitigation by promoting, developing and financing renewable energies in over 15 countries worldwide. In 2020 for every 100 Euros donated, approximately 91 Euros were invited in the direct purchase of climate change mitigation technologies.
Stockholmsmässan (Congress venue)
The Stockholmsmässan has an extensive range of environmental initiatives, please visit the Stockholmsmässan website for all the details.
Sustainability means taking the needs of current and future generations into consideration. At Stockholmsmässan we focus on sustainable community, environment, and innovation as we create meetings that brings people and the society forward. (Stockholmsmässan website)