- To provide a link between the vision and strategy of the Executive Committee and the ESE Office and PCO (Professional Congress Organiser).
- To provide input to the PCO, ESE Office and Executive Committee for the initial critical evaluation of proposals from candidate cities and the selection of 2-3 final challengers for each annual congress.
- To provide a link to the ESE Team in relation to practical items such as industry time slots, programme and educational concepts etc.
- To support the Committee Chair through:
- Advising the PCO, ESE Office and Executive Committee on policy decisions regarding ECE Congresses.
- Assisting the PCO and ESE Office in providing guidance for the LOCs of future meetings.
- Reviewing the scientific programme, update and final reports of congresses so that the Chair can report on these to the Executive Committee.
Note: The Congress Committee Chair has overall responsibility for the ECE POC and supervises the scientific programme. The role of the Congress Committee Chair and the POC is detailed in the POC Guidelines document.
ESE Team member responsibility: ESE Event Manager.