Abstracts and Posters
ECE 2019 provides an exciting and expanding platform for the international endocrinology community to discuss the latest advances in clinical, basic and translational research and practice.
Abstract submission is now closed.
Presenting Your Poster
Due to the success of the physical poster displays last year and the large number of abstract
submissions for ECE 2019, we have decided to follow the same format.
The high number of physical posters means that delegates will have either their guided
poster (GP) or poster (P) displayed for one day only in the Exhibition Hall. All posters will be
allocated a slot across Sunday 19 May, Monday 20 May or Tuesday 21 May.
Please note printed posters cannot be hung in the exhibition Hall before the allocated
session day. All posters must be removed by the end of the last coffee break on the same
day. If not collected by this time, they will be disposed of.
Please see the following Exhibition Hall floor plans for Sunday 19, Monday 20 & Tuesday 21 May
to locate where to hang your poster. This plan uses the unique poster code starting with either
GP or P, which you were issued upon successful abstract acceptance. In addition, all physical posters (GPs and Ps) and ePosters are available for viewing throughout the entire congress at the ePoster
stations located in the Exhibition Hall or through ECE On Demand (www.eceondemand.org)
Printed Posters (represented by P)
You will be required to bring a printed poster with you to the congress to display. Please note:
- You will only be able to display your poster on the day specified in your confirmation email. You will NOT be able to hang/display your poster before or after your allocated date.
- Your poster must be displayed before the first coffee break on your allocated date
- Please check in with the poster desk on arrival. Following check-in you will be given Velcro stickers to fix your poster on the boards. NO OTHER MATERIALS ARE ALLOWED to fix your poster to the boards, so please make sure to pick up your Velcro at the poster desk.
- Your Poster must be removed by the last coffee break on your allocated date. Any remaining posters after the last coffee of that day will be taken down and discarded.
- Posters must be in PORTRAIT orientation and size A0 sheet (841mm x 1189mm or 33.11 × 46.81 inches).
- In addition, you will also be invited to upload an ePoster that will be displayed by category/topic in the foyer areas of the congress centre throughout the duration of the congress.
One author from each P number is required to stand by their poster on the allocated day during the below times to allow fellow delegates to view the posters and network:
- Sunday 19 May: 13:00 – 14:00
- Monday 20 May: 13:00 – 14:00
- Tuesday 21 May: 12:30 – 13:30
Authors of posters are not required to prepare a formal presentation as these are not
facilitated by chairs but should be ready to answer questions about their displayed research.
Guided Poster Tours (GP)
All GP numbers are assigned to a guided poster tour session. There will be 23 guided poster tours taking place across Sunday 19 May, Monday 20 May and Tuesday 21 May in the Exhibition Hall. Each GP has been allocated to a specific day and a specific tour.
Each guided poster tour will be assigned up to two chairpersons to lead the tour and facilitate discussion, and presenting authors of guided posters are required to prepare a formal presentation lasting approximately three minutes, there will then be two minutes allocated for questions. Presenters will be required to join the whole tour as it is the discretion of the chairperson/s as to when each GP will be visited and discussed by the group. Delegates are able to join any GP tour at any point, and everyone is encouraged to interact with the presenters and chairperson/s.
Carrying on from the success of the GP tours in 2018, this year’s congress will continue to
use headsets for each of the tours. The headsets will allow delegates to join a specific radio
channel corresponding to one of the tours happening on each day. Headsets for the poster
tours will allow for better listening to presenting authors and also allow the opportunity for
delegates to tune in to a talk at which they cannot be physically present.
ePosters (represented by EP)
All ePosters are available for viewing throughout the congress at the ePoster stations located within the Exhibition Hall and via ECE On Demand (www.eceondemand.org).
Call4Posters™ Printing Service
ECE 2019 has selected Call4Posters™ as their preferred poster printing partner for the ECE 2019 Congress.
Call4Posters® Poster Printing Service is a poster service that will enable you to have your poster professionally printed, reviewed and shipped directly to the poster hall.
Your poster will be waiting for you at the Poster desk in the poster exhibition area – no need to worry about carrying it on the plane.
To start submitting your poster for printing, please click here or visit www.call4posters.com