Basic Science Meeting Grants
ESE offers 100 Basic Science Meeting Grants per year worth up to €400 each for members working in basic research to attend the annual European Congress of Endocrinology (ECE).
Applications can only be made via the grant submission form on the ECE registration portal. Applications will open following the release of the final abstract marks.
- Applicant must be a current member of ESE.
- Preference may be given to applicants from a country below ‘high income country’ status, as classified by the World Bank.
- Applicant must provide proof of eligibility.
- The Basic Science Meeting Grant is available for attendance to the annual European Congress of Endocrinology (ECE) and can be used for payment towards travel, accommodation or registration.
- Delegates who are not fully funded by industry are eligible.
- The Basic Science Meeting Grant does NOT entitle the applicant to free registration.
- The applicant must be the presenting author of an accepted abstract.
- Only one grant will be issued for attendance to ECE (ie, either a Meeting Grant or a Basic Science Meeting Grant, not both).
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to send supporting receipts to the value of the claim to the ESE Office within six weeks after the date of the meeting. Any receipts received after this date will not be paid and the application will be void.
Applicants will be notified as to whether their application has been successful and the Treasurer's decision is final.