Basic Science Meeting Grants
ESE offers 100 Basic Science Meeting Grants worth €400 each to ESE members working in basic research. These are made as a contribution towards the total cost of attending the annual European Congress of Endocrinology (ECE).
For more information on ESE membership, or to join us, please visit the membership pages.
The ECE Grants submission portal will open on 1st February 2022 (10:00 CET)
- Applicant must be a current member of ESE.
- Applicant must be the presenting author of an accepted abstract which is conducting basic research.
- Applicant must fall under the Early Career or Student career stage. Members in the Full career stage can also apply if they benefit from the Low Income Country subscription rate. The full list of membership categories and fees can be found here.
- To be eligible for the Low Income Country subscription rate, an applicant will need to reside in a country which is below high income country status, as classified by the World Bank.
- Please contact ESE if you need to update your membership category, career stage or subscription type before you apply for a grant.
- The Meeting Grant is available for attendance to the annual European Congress of Endocrinology (ECE) and can be used for payment towards travel, accommodation or registration.
- The Meeting Grant is only available for delegates who are attending the congress in person.
- Delegates who are not fully funded by industry are eligible.
- Only one grant will be issued for attendance to ECE (ie, either a Meeting Grant or a Basic Science Meeting Grant, not both).
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to send supporting receipts to the value of the claim to the ESE Office within six weeks after the date of the meeting. Any receipts received after this date will not be paid and the application will be void.
Applicants will be notified as to whether their application has been successful following the release of the Abstract submission marks in March 2022 and the Treasurer’s decision is final.