Basic Science Meeting Grants
*Applications are now open*
ESE offers 100 Basic Science Meeting Grants worth up to €400 each to ESE Members working in basic research. These help cover the cost of attending the annual European Congress of Endocrinology (ECE) in person (not for an ECE@Home registration).
The grant application deadline for ECE grants is 15 March 2024.
For more information on ESE membership, or to join us, please visit the membership pages.
Please complete the application form to apply if you meet the eligibility criteria listed below.
The grants are available to ESE Members only so when you click on the form you will be asked to log in to your Members’ Area. (If you are a Member and you have not yet registered on the new ESE portal please enter your email at the first screen and then proceed to create an account). Please get in touch with firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions at all.
To apply for an ESE Basic Science Meeting Grant, you must be a current member of ESE, and either/both of the following:
- The presenting author of an accepted abstract (at ECE) which is conducting basic research.
- An Early Career or Student member of ESE or a full ESE Member with a low income country Membership rate as classified by the World Bank.
The full list of membership categories and fees can be found here.
- ESE Meeting Grants are available to eligible members attending ECE in person and can be used for payment towards travel, accommodation or registration.
- ESE Meeting Grants are only available to delegates who are not fully funded by industry.
- Only one grant will be issued for attendance at ECE (i.e., either a Meeting Grant or a Basic Science Meeting Grant, not both).
You will be notified if your application has been successful or not as soon as possible following the release of the abstract submission marking results. The Treasurer’s decision is final.
Grants are paid to applicants after the event/meeting and on receipt of an expense claim form and supporting receipts or documentation. These need to be submitted to the ESE Office within 6 weeks of the ECE meeting that has been attended, or the application will be void. Payment to an institution can be made in advance of the meeting or event.
Please contact the ESE Office for further information.
Please note: We are unable to provide grants to individuals or institutions currently under sanction according to the consolidated list of financial sanctions targets in the UK, as listed here.
Applications are verified to ensure this is not the case before a grant is awarded. ESE does not permit sanctioned individuals or individuals from sanctioned institutions to attend any ESE events.