PhD Travel Grants
ESE is delighted to offer 15 PhD Travel Grants worth €700 each as a contribution towards the total cost of attending the ESE Summer School. These grants are available to ESE Early Career members who are currently a PhD student and can be used to reimburse registration (which includes accommodation) and travel expenses.
For more information on ESE membership, or to join us, please visit the membership pages.
Applications for the PhD Travel Grant 2022 have closed.
Should you wish to be added to the grant waiting list please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will contact you if any of our awardees are unable to attend so we can reallocate a grant.
- Applicant must be a current member of ESE
- Applicant must fall under the Early Career category (PhD students)
- Members in the Full career stage can also apply if they benefit from the Low Income Country subscription rate. The full list of membership categories and fees can be found here.
- To be eligible for the Low Income Country subscription rate, an applicant will need to reside in a country which is below high income country status, as classified by the World Bank.
- Please contact ESE if you need to update your membership category, career stage or subscription type before you apply for a grant.
- The PhD Grant is available for attendance to the ESE Summer School 2022 and can be used for payment towards travel or registration (which includes accommodation).
- Only one grant will be issued for attendance to ESE Summer School
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to send supporting receipts to the value of the claim to the ESE Office within six weeks after the date of the meeting. Any receipts received after this date will not be paid and the application will be void.
The ESE Grants Team will review and decide the outcome of each application on an ongoing basis and their decision is final.