ESE in the World
Read ESE's latest Statements and Actions
Support in situations of humanitarian crisis
In situations of war and conflict, or natural disasters and other crisis events, the wellbeing of the population and health care providers is a priority for ESE. On two occasions in recent years, ESE has been engaged with different stakeholders and in different ways to alleviate the most urgent needs of the affected populations and patients, and the doctors that take care of them.
ESE focuses its efforts around the following areas:
- The development of statements around essential and critical medicine requirements to create awareness of International NGO’s and institutions about the needs of endocrine patients in the concerned areas. These statements are publicly available and can be shared by all to the relevant organizations.
- The development of Endocrine Disease Emergency Cards as easy identifiers of the needs patients may have in emergency situations
- The provision of access to affected HCP’s to our educational programs
- Where possible, provide refugee patients and HCP’s with information of centers in neighbouring countries where care can be provided
- A call to action to our membership to donate the respective NGO’s active in the crisis environment. ESE specifically recommends donations to Medecins Sans Frontieres and the International Committee of the Red Cross, with whom ESE has been engaged to discuss the needs of endocrine patients.