ESE Council of Affiliated Societies
The European Society of Endocrinology Council of Affiliated Societies (ECAS) aims to raise the profile of European endocrinology through greater collaboration between the European Society of Endocrinology and the national endocrine societies of Europe.
ECAS provides a forum for discussions between the European Society of Endocrinology and its National Affiliated Societies about future projects, an opportunity for them to raise concerns and issues faced by their members and for the National Affiliated Societies to work together with the European Society of Endocrinology for the benefit of endocrinologists throughout Europe.
All National Affiliated Societies who are members of the European Society of Endocrinology are automatically members of ECAS. Affiliated Society Membership is open to national endocrine societies in Europe and in countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea, as well as pan-European and international sub-specialist endocrine societies.
Andrea Giustina (Italy), Chair, 2019 to 2021
Anton Luger (Austria), ECAS representative to the ESE Executive Committee (Ex Officio) 2020 to 2024
National Affiliate Membership
Members of the European Society of Endocrinology's National Affiliated Societies are eligible for a discount on European Society of Endocrinology membership fees.
By joining the European Society of Endocrinology as well as your National Society, you will gain full access to our membership benefits, including eligibility for our awards and grants, discount on training and meetings, and ability to contribute to our work across education, research and advocacy.
- To be a collaborative global network enhancing visibility of endocrine research, development and education in Europe.
- To represent and raise the profile of European endocrinology on an international stage.
- To provide an open forum to discuss shared challenges and issues.
- To initiate, develop and implement shared projects to benefit endocrinology.
- To strengthen the benefits of Affiliated Society membership.
- To nominate candidates for ESE Honorary Membership and Special Recognition Awards.
ECAS membership comprises the following ESE National Affiliated Societies:
- Albanian Society of Endocrinology
- Alexandria Thyroid Association
- Association of Endocrinologists and Diabetologists of the Republic of Srpska
- Austrian Society for Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Belarusian Association of Endocrinologists
- Belarusian Public Medical Society "Endocrinology and Metabolism"
- Belgian Endocrine Society
- Bosnia and Herzegovina Society of Endocrinology and Diabetology
- Bulgarian Society of Endocrinology
- Croatian Society for Endocrinology
- Croatian Society for Endocrinology and Diabetology
- Croatian Society for Diabetes and Metabolic Disorders
- Cyprus Endocrine Society
- Czech Endocrine Society
- Danish Endocrine Society
- Egyptian Association of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Atherosclerosis
- Egyptian Society of Endocrinology and Obesity
- Estonian Endocrine Society
- Finnish Endocrine Society
- French Endocrine Society
- Georgian Endocrinologists Society
- Georgian Association of Endocrinology and Metabolism
- German Society for Endocrinology
- Hellenic Endocrine Society
- Hungarian Society of Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Icelandic Endocrine Society
- Irish Endocrine Society
- Israel Endocrine Society
- Italian Endocrine Society
- Associazione Medici Endocrinologi Italy
- Latvian Association of Endocrinology
- The Libyan Association for Diabetes and Endocrinology
- Lithuanian Society for Endocrinology
- Macedonian Endocrine Association
- The Endocrinology Association of Montenegro
- Netherlands Society for Endocrinology
- Norwegian Society of Endocrinology
- Polish Society of Endocrinology
- Polish Society of Gynecological Endocrinology
- Portuguese Society of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- Romanian Psychoneuroendocrine Society
- Romanian Society of Endocrinology
- Russian Association of Endocrinologists
- Serbian Endocrine Society
- Slovak Endocrine Society
- Slovenian Endocrine Society
- Society for Endocrinology, UK
- Spanish Society of Endocrinology and Nutrition
- Swedish Endocrine Society
- Swiss Society of Endocrinology and Diabetes
- Tunisian Society of Endocrinology
- Society of Endocrinology and Metabolism Turkey
- Ukraine Diabetology Association
- Association of Endocrinologists of Ukraine
ESE Team member responsibility: Scientific Programmes Manager