ESE Council of Affiliated Societies
The European Society of Endocrinology Council of Affiliated Societies (ECAS) aims to raise the profile of European endocrinology through greater collaboration between the European Society of Endocrinology and the national endocrine societies of Europe.
ECAS provides a forum for discussions between the European Society of Endocrinology and its National Affiliated Societies about future projects, an opportunity for them to raise concerns and issues faced by their members and for the National Affiliated Societies to work together with the European Society of Endocrinology for the benefit of endocrinologists throughout Europe.
All National Affiliated Societies who are members of the European Society of Endocrinology are automatically members of ECAS. Affiliated Society Membership is open to national endocrine societies in Europe and in countries bordering the Mediterranean Sea, as well as pan-European and international sub-specialist endocrine societies.
Martin Reincke, Chair, 2021 to 2023.
Anton Luger (Austria), ECAS representative to the ESE Executive Committee (Ex Officio) 2020 to 2024.
National Affiliate Membership
Members of the European Society of Endocrinology's National Affiliated Societies are eligible for a discount on European Society of Endocrinology membership fees.
By joining the European Society of Endocrinology as well as your National Society, you will gain full access to our membership benefits, including eligibility for our awards and grants, discount on training and meetings, and ability to contribute to our work across education, research and advocacy.
In addition, as part of membership of, and application to become an, ESE's Affiliated Societies, a contribution of €2.50 per member is payable to join the ESE Advocacy Representation Scheme. Becoming part of the EARS Community is at no cost to the members of the national affiliated societies represented by the ESE Council of Affiliated Societies (ECAS), as the small annual fee of €2.50 will be paid on their behalf by their National Society. Please note that this is separate to any existing ESE membership. This contribution will help support ESE’s Policy and Advocacy work on behalf of all our members.
- To be a collaborative global network enhancing visibility of endocrine research, development and education in Europe.
- To represent and raise the profile of European endocrinology on an international stage.
- To provide an open forum to discuss shared challenges and issues.
- To initiate, develop and implement shared projects to benefit endocrinology.
- To strengthen the benefits of Affiliated Society membership.
- To nominate candidates for ESE Honorary Membership and Special Recognition Awards.
ECAS membership comprises the following ESE National Affiliated Societies:
- Albanian Society of Endocrinology and Diabetology
- Association of Endocrinologists and Diabetologists of the Republic of Srpska
- Austrian Society for Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Belgian Endocrine Society
- Bosnia and Herzegovina Society of Endocrinology and Diabetology
- Bulgarian Society of Endocrinology
- Croatian Society for Endocrinology
- Croatian Society for Endocrinology and Diabetology
- Croatian Society for Diabetes and Metabolic Disorders
- Cyprus Endocrine Society
- Czech Endocrine Society
- Danish Endocrine Society
- Egyptian Association of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Atherosclerosis
- Egyptian Society of Endocrinology and Obesity
- Estonian Endocrine Society
- Finnish Endocrine Society
- French Endocrine Society
- Georgian Association of Endocrinology and Metabolism
- German Society for Endocrinology
- Hellenic Endocrine Society
- Hungarian Society of Endocrinology and Metabolism
- Icelandic Endocrine Society
- Irish Endocrine Society
- Israel Endocrine Society
- Italian Association of Clinical Endocrinologists
- Italian Endocrine Society
- Latvian Association of Endocrinology
- The Libyan Association for Diabetes and Endocrinology
- Lithuanian Society for Endocrinology
- Macedonian Scientific Association of Endocrinologists and Diabetologists
- Society of Endocrinologists from Republic of Moldova
- The Endocrinology Association of Montenegro
- Netherlands Society for Endocrinology
- Norwegian Society of Endocrinology
- Polish Society of Endocrinology
- Polish Society of Gynecological Endocrinology
- Portuguese Society of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism
- Romanian Psychoneuroendocrine Society
- Romanian Society of Endocrinology
- Serbian Endocrine Society
- Slovak Endocrine Society
- Slovenian Endocrine Society
- Society for Endocrinology, UK
- Spanish Society of Endocrinology and Nutrition
- Swedish Endocrine Society
- Swiss Society of Endocrinology and Diabetes
- Tunisian Society of Endocrinology
- Society of Endocrinology and Metabolism of Turkey
- Ukraine Diabetology Association
- Association of Endocrinologists of Ukraine
Current Specialist Affiliated Societies
- Alexandria Thyroid Association
- European Academy of Andrology
- European Biological Rhythms Society
- European Calcified Tissue Society
- European Network for the Study of Adrenal Tumors
- European Neuroendocrine Association
- European Neuroendocrine Tumour Society
- European Society for Paediatric Endocrinology
- European Society of Gynecology
- European Thyroid Association
- International Growth Hormone (IGF) Society
- The Growth Hormone Research Society
- Ukrainian Association for Pediatric Endocrinologists