ESE offers 100 Meeting Grants per year worth up to €400 each for ESE members to attend an ESE meeting and are made as a contribution towards the total cost of attending either the annual European Congress of Endocrinology (ECE) or an ESE Training Course.
The complete application form must be submitted to the ESE Office no later than 8 weeks before the first day of the meeting you would like to attend. The completed application form and required documentation can be submitted by email to the ESE Office.
- Applicant must be a current member of ESE.
- Applicant must be within 10 years post-PhD or MD or below high income country status, as classified by the World Bank.
- Applicant must provide proof of eligibility.
- The Meeting Grant is available for attendance to the annual European Congress of Endocrinology (ECE) or an ESE Training course and can be used for payment towards travel, accommodation or registration.
- Delegates who are not fully funded by industry are eligible.
- The Meeting Grant does NOT entitle the applicant to free registration.
- If the Meeting Grant is used for ECE then the applicant must be the presenting author of an accepted abstract. It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that the proof of eligibility letter is sent to the ESE Office at the time the abstract is submitted, but no later than the abstract deadline (04 February 2019). Failure to submit on time may result in the grant application not being processed. Abstract submission is now closed.
- Only one grant will be issued for attendance to ECE (ie, either a Meeting Grant or a Basic Science Meeting Grant, not both).
- It is the responsibility of the applicant to send supporting receipts to the value of the claim to the ESE Office within six weeks after the date of the meeting. Any receipts received after this date will not be paid and the application will be void.
Applicants will be notified as to whether their application has been successful and the Treasurer’s decision is final.