European Journal of Endocrinology Award
The European Journal of Endocrinology Award is presented to a candidate who has significantly contributed to the advancement of knowledge in the field of endocrinology through publication.
The award consists of a financial reward, certificate and travel expenses and will be presented during the annual European Congress of Endocrinology, where the winner will be asked to give one of the plenary lectures on the relevant research and also to write a review paper to be published in the European Journal of Endocrinology.
Nominations for the award are invited from individuals or groups. The candidate must be a member of ESE and be permanently resident in Europe. The candidate must also be less than 45 years of age on 1 January (of the congress year), however this age limit can be extended by one year for each child for whom the candidate has served as the primary caregiver; other career breaks, e.g. due to other family commitments or ill health, will also be taken into account. Self-nominations will be accepted if supported by two ESE members.
Members of the ESE Executive Committee and the ECE Programme Organising Committee are not eligible for one year after their term of office ends. ESE Committee Chairs and Focus Area Leads are not eligible whilst in office.
Nominations should include:
- Nomination covering letter, including the merits of the nominee and the reasoning for the nomination (no longer than two pages)
- CV and Bibliography - list the most relevant research/publications of the nominee (up to 10 publications within the last 10 years)
- Letter of support (if self-nomination) from two ESE members
- Statement of no more than 1,000 words in English detailing the way in which the nominee’s published contributions have significantly advanced knowledge in the field of endocrinology
- Tentative title of the plenary lecture
The jury is composed of seven members and is formed each year. The ESE Publishing and Communications Committee Chair is the chairman of the jury and the Editor-in-Chief of the European Journal of Endocrinology acts as Secretary. Five members of the jury are elected at the discretion of the Editorial Board of the European Journal of Endocrinology upon the advice of the ESE Publishing and Communications Committee.
Please contact the ESE Office for further information.