EYES Research Observership Programme (R.O.P.)
The EYES Research Observership Programme (R.O.P.) allows Early Career Investigators (ECI) doing basic or translational research from Europe to grow and learn during a short, one-month stay in various European endocrine centres of special interest. Due to different European laws the time spent at the host centre will be defined as an “observership".
Our three 2023 Awardees are:-
- Faheem Seedat, Leiden University Medical Centre, The Netherlands – Grant Winner
- Dorota Filipowicz, Kings College, UK – Grant Winner
- Onur Elbasan, University Hospital Munich, Germany – Grant Winner
We are also please to announce we have nine self-funded Awardees in 2023:-
- Müge Keskin, University Hospital Zurich, Switzerland
- Katarzyna Paczkowska, University of Birmingham, UK
- Carmen Lambert, Federico II University Hospital, Italy
- Patricia Vaduva, Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes at the University Hospital, Germany
- Roberto Novizio, Maimonides Biomedical Research Institute of Córdoba (IMIBIC), Spain
- Aysa Hacioglu, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Italy
- Ana Milošević, University of Turin, Italy
- Baris Karagun, French National Centre for Scientific Research, France
- Rodanthi Vamvoukaki, University of Movement Science (IUSM), Italy
Twelve centres across Europe are participating in this programme:
- Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Munich, Munich, Germany. Mentor: Professor Martin Reincke with Professor Nicole Reisch
- Division of Endocrinology and Diabetes at the University Hospital Würzburg, Germany. Mentor: Professor Martin Fassnacht. Read more about this Centre and the project here.
- GReD Institute, French National Centre for Scientific Research, Clermont-Ferrand, France. Mentor: Professor Pierre Val. Read more about this Centre and the project here.
- Unit of Endocrinology - Department of Biomedical, Metabolic and Neural Sciences, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy. Mentor: Professor Manuela Simoni. Read more about this centre and the project here.
- Center of Special Interest for Obesity and Metabolic Diseases (CIBO), Federico II University Hospital, Naples, Italy. Mentor: Assistant Professor Giovanna Muscogiuri
- University of Movement Science (IUSM), Rome, Italy. Mentor: Assistant Professor Migliaccio Silvia. Read more about this Centre and the project here.
- University of Turin, Department of Medical Sciences Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism, Division of Oncological Endocrinology, Turin, Italy. Mentor: Professor Silvia Grottoli. Read more about this centre and the project here.
- Centre for Endocrine Tumors Leiden (CETL), Centre for Pituitary Care, Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands. Mentor: Professor Nienke Biermasz. Read more about this Centre and the project here.
- Maimonides Biomedical Research Institute of Córdoba (IMIBIC), Córdoba, Spain. Mentor: Professor Raúl M. Luque. Read more about this Centre and the project here.
- Clinic for Endocrinology, Diabetology and Clinical Nutrition, University Hospital Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland. Mentor: Professor Beuschlein Felix.
- Institute of Metabolism and Systems Research at University of Birmingham, Birmingham, UK. Mentor: Professor Chris McCabe. Read more about this Centre and the project here.
- Centre for Pituitary Gland Development and Pituitary Stem Cell Research, King’s College, London, UK. Mentor: Research Associate Dr Cynthia Andoniadou. Read more about this Centre and the project here.
All applicants must be fully paid ESE members. Applicants are required to be a graduated basic/translational scientist or MD working in endocrinology field (with or without PhD status). Applicants are also required to have published (as one of the authors) at least two papers indexed in Current Contents (CC).
Applications for 2023 are now closed.
The required documents to be submitted with the application form are:
- Two preferred centres of interest from the list, field of interest. EYES reserves the right to assign the applicant to the second centre of choice if the first preference is not available.
- Two letters of recommendation: one from a Mentor and the other from the Head of Department
- CV (2 pages max) and Motivation letter (max 500 words)
- Signed R.O.P. Terms and Conditions document (link to document)
- Current ESE membership number
- Please read the application documents and Terms and Conditions carefully before your submit your application.
All applications will be reviewed by the EYES Committee plus the Chair of the Science Committee (R.O.P) and a representative of the Clinical Committee (C.O.P).
Please contact the EYES O.P. Coordinators for further information.