EYES Clinical Observership Programme (C.O.P.)
The EYES Clinical Observership Programme (C.O.P.) allows Early Career Investigators (ECI) from Europe to grow and learn during a short, one-month stay in various European endocrine centres of special interest. Due to different European laws the time spent at the host centre will be defined as an “observership".
Applications are now open for 2023. Closing date: 28th February 2023
Fourteen centres across Europe are participating in this programme:
- Centre of Special interest in Adrenal endocrinology, University Hospital Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia. Mentor: Professor Darko Kaštelan
- Department of Internal Medicine, University Hospital Munich, Munich, Germany. Mentor: Professor Martin Reincke with Professor Nicole Reisch
- Centre of Special Interest in Menopause: Aretaeion Hospital, Medical School, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Athens Greece. Mentor: Irene Lambrinoudaki, Professor of Endocrinology
- Centre of Special Interest in Andrology: Papageorgiou Hospital, Medical School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki Greece. Mentor: Dimitrios G. Goulis, Professor of Reproductive Endocrinology
- Centre of Special Interest in Andrology and sexual medicine, University of Florence, Florence, Italy. Mentor: Professor Linda Vignozzi
- Unit of Endocrinology - Department of Biomedical, Metabolic and Neural Sciences, University of Modena and Reggio Emilia, Modena, Italy. Mentor: Professor Manuela Simoni. Read more about this centre and the project here.
- Centre of Special Interest for Neuroendocrine tumours, Federico II University Hospital, Naples, Italy. Mentor: Professor Annamaria Colao
- Center of Special Interest for Obesity and Metabolic Diseases (CIBO), Federico II University Hospital, Naples, Italy. Mentor: Assistant Professor Giovanna Muscogiuri
- Centre of Special Interest for pituitary diseases, University Hospital, Novara, Italy. Mentor: Professor Flavia Prodam
- Centre of Special Interest in Diabetes, “Gemelli” Hospital, Rome, Italy. Mentor: Professor Pontecorvi Alfredo
- University of Turin - Department of Medical Sciences Division of Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism Gender incongruence, andrology and endocrinological gynecology, Turin, Italy. Mentor: Professor Ezio Ghigo with Dr Giovanna Motta. Read more about this centre and the project here.
- Centre of Special Interest in Neuroendocrinology, Clinic for Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, Clinical Centre of Serbia, Serbia, Belgrade, Mentor: Associate Professor Dragana Miljic
- Centre of Special Interest for Neuroendocrine tumours, Erasmus University Medical Centre of Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Mentor: Dr Richard Feelders
- Centre of Special Interest in Diabetic Foot: St Mary’s Hospital, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, London, UK. Mentor: Dr Vassiliki Bravis, Consultant of Endocrinology and Diabetes/Clinical Lead for the Trust
All applicants must be full paid current ESE members. Applicants are required to be Internal medicine and/or Endocrinologist and/or Diabetologist in training (specialty or subspecialty). Applicants are also required to have published (as one of the authors) at least one paper indexed in Current Contents (CC).
Applications for 2023 are now open. Closing date: 28th February 2023
The required documents to be submitted with the application form are:
- Two preferred centres of interest from the list, field of interest. EYES reserves the right to assign the applicant to the second centre of choice if the first preference is not available.
- Two letters of recommendation: one from a Mentor and the other from the Head of Department
- CV (one page) and Motivation letter (max 250 words)
- Signed C.O.P. Terms and Conditions document (link to document)
- Current ESE membership number
Please read the application documents and Terms and Conditions carefully before your submit your application.
All applications will be reviewed by the EYES Committee plus the Chair of the Science Committee (R.O.P) and a representative of the Clinical Committee (C.O.P).
Successful applicants will be notified in May 2023 and announced during the EYES Symposia at ECE 2023 in Istanbul, Turkey.
Our three 2022 Awardees were:-
- Selvihan Beysel, Afyonkarahisar University of Health Sciences, Turkey - Grant Winner
- Marta Borges Canha, Centro Hospitalar Universitario de Sao Joao, Portugal - Grant Winner
- Mirko Parasiliti Caprino, University of Turin, Italy - Grant Winner
We were also pleased to announce we had eight self-funded Awardees in 2022:-
- Nestan Bostoganashvili, Tbilisi Heart and Vascular Clinic, Georgia
- Paolo Facondo, University of Brescia, Italy
- Irene Gagliardi, University of Ferrara, Italy
- Gabriela Handzlik, Department of Internal Medicine and Oncological Chemotherapy in Katowice, Poland
- Adam Maciejewski, Poznan University of Medical Sciences, Poland
- Mia Manojlovic, University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Medicine; Clinical Center of Vojvodina, Clinic for Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolic Disorders, Novi Sad, Serbia
- Brett Mansfield, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Nino Matas, General Hospital Dubrovnik, Roka Misetica, Croatia
Please contact the EYES O.P. Coordinators for further information.