EYES Clinical Observership Programme (C.O.P.)
The EYES Clinical Observership Programme (C.O.P.) allows Early Career Investigators (ECI) from Europe to grow and learn during a short, one-month stay in various European endocrine centres of special interest. Due to different European laws the time spent at the host centre will be defined as an “observership".
We are delighted to announce our three 2022 Awardees:-
- Mirko Parasiliti Caprino, University of Turin - Grant Winner
- Selvihan Beysel, Afyonkarahisar University of Health Sciences - Grant Winner
- Marta Borges Canha, Centro Hospitalar Universitario de Sao Joao - Grant Winner
We are also pleased to announce we have eight self-funded Awardees:-
- Adam Maciejewski, Poznan University od Medical Sciences
- Gabriela Handzlik, Department of Internal Medicine and Oncological Chemotherapy in Katowice, Poland
- Brett Mansfield, University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg, South Africa
- Paolo Facondo, University of Brescia
- Nino Matas, General Hospital Dubrovnik, Roka Misetica
- Mia Manojlovic, University of Novi Sad, Faculty of Medicine; Clinical Center of Vojvodina, Clinic for Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolic Disorders, Novi Sad, Serbia
- Nestan Bostoganashvili, Tbilisi Heart and Vascular Clinic
- Irene Gagliardi, University of Ferrara
Applications for 2022 are closed.
Eleven centres across Europe are participating in this programme:
- Centre of Special Interest in Diabetic Foot: St Mary’s Hospital, Imperial College Healthcare NHS Trust, London, UK. Mentor: Vasiliki Bravis, Consultant of Endocrinology and Diabetes/Clinical Lead for the Trust
- Centre of Special Interest in Menopause: Aretaeion Hospital, Medical School, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens, Athens Greece. Mentor: Irene Lambrinoudaki, Professor of Endocrinology
- Centre of Special Interest in Andrology: Papageorgiou Hospital, Medical School, Aristotle University of Thessaloniki, Thessaloniki Greece. Mentor: Dimitrios G. Goulis, Professor of Reproductive Endocrinology
- Centre of Special Interest in Andrology and sexual medicine, University of Florence, Florence Italy. Mentor: Professor Linda Vignozzi
- Centre of Special Interest for pituitary diseases, University Hospital, Novara, Italy. Mentor: Professor Flavia Prodam
- Centre of Special Interest for Neuroendocrine tumours, University Hospital, Naples, Italy. Mentor: Professor Annamaria Colao
- Centre of Special Interest in Diabetes, “Gemelli” Hospital, Rome, Italy. Mentor: Professor Pontecorvi Alfredo
- Centre of Special Interest in Neuroendocrinology, Clinic for Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolic Diseases, Clinical Centre of Serbia, Serbia, Belgrade, Mentor: Associate Professor Dragana Miljic
- Centre of Special Interest for Neuroendocrine tumours, Erasmus University Medical Centre of Rotterdam, Rotterdam, The Netherlands. Mentor: Dr Richard Feelders
- Centre of Special Interest in Clinical Epidemiology and Endocrinology: a guideline-development-observership: – Leiden University Medical Centre, Leiden, The Netherlands. Mentor: Professor Dr Olaf Dekkers
- Centre of Special interest in Adrenal endocrinology, University Hospital Zagreb, Zagreb, Croatia. Mentor: Prof. Darko Kaštelan
All applicants must be full paid current ESE members. Applicants are required to be Internal medicine and/or Endocrinologist and/or Diabetologist in training (specialty or subspecialty). Applicants are also required to have published (as one of the authors) at least one paper indexed in Current Contents (CC).
Applications for 2022 are now closed. The Application process for 2023 will open late 2022/early 2023.
The required documents to be submitted with the form when application is available are:
- Two preferred centres of interest from the list, field of interest. EYES reserves the right to assign the applicant to the second centre of choice if the first preference is not available.
- Two letters of recommendation: one from a Mentor and the other from the Head of Department
- CV (one page) and Motivation letter (max 250 words)
- Signed C.O.P. Terms and Conditions document (link to document)
- Current ESE membership number
Please contact the EYES O.P. Coordinators for further information.